Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / NEW GUY NEEDS HELP PLEASE, thankyou ;)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 22:31
Hello everyone, I have recently downloaded DBP from GitHub and I would like to learn to use the program and design an MMORPG. Though I am a beginner at computer programming , I have heard that this is easy to learn and use software. I am also extremely impressed by what Dark Basic Professional is capable of and seems to be the best of its kind. I am trying to learn how to use it via tutorials right now but it seems now that I ran into a problem right away.

The issue (right now) is that my compiler isn't working.

when is try to compile and run the error message sais thus:
"Could not find DBPCompiler.exe , the path stored in your registry or settings is invalid. Please locate the DarkBASIC Professional compiler in the options and ensure DarkBASIC professional is correctly installed."

Thank you in advance for your support guys. I can hardly wait to actually get to work
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2015 12:33 Edited at: 27th Dec 2015 12:34
Hi, seasonal greetings, here is what i did for the GameGuru version which I assume your using;
I just downloaded the zip version, renamed my old DBP folder by adding the world "old" at the end, then dragged the "Install" folder from the zip into the TGC folder where DBP was installed. I then renamed it the same name as the folder I had just renamed(minus the "old" of course). Using this version of DBP when I hit F5 to compile I had to give permission for it to run(uncheck the tick box so it doesn't bug you in future) and then it could not find the correct compiler, a message pops up that literally tells you what to do - change the location of the compiler through the Tools>Options menu, I simply deleted the entry in there and left it empty, it then compiled fine
Dreamscape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2015 16:16
I fixed it thanks to you sir!

I went into tools, options, and set the compile directory to the right location.

thank you, you guys are so helpful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:52:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:52:14