Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / A music legend was lost yesterday

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 17:59
I just found out David Bowie died yesterday. I heard something that it might have been his cancer. For our younger members who may not have grown up listening to him, he influenced the music world far more than you might realize.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 20:54
Terrible I was deeply saddened to see this news. I hadn't even heard he was sick, apparently he didn't want to reveal it to the public.

And two days after his last album It's like he planned it that way. What a truly inspirational artist!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 21:18
Very sad indeed. David Bowie has been an inspiration.

This is a quote from an artist I follow:
Quote: "One of the highest achievements attainable by someone who has lived the life of an artist, i think, is to die as an artist. To go out with pen in hand, so to speak. The fact that he probably knew for a while that he was losing the battle with cancer yet chose to hang on and channel that into making one of the most amazing albums of his career, released 2 days before his death… One hell of a swan song. Listening to Blackstar will never be the same. Now we know…

A true legend… one who will be missed, but who will always be remembered and who will only be as far away as the play button. "

Time to listen to Blackstar I guess...
"It also shoots blue flames sometimes, which is startling in the most exquisite of ways." -- Not me
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 11th Jan 2016 21:58
It's sad to see him go. He's not the only one, Lemmy Kilmeister (of a little band called Motörhead) also passed away from cancer about a week or two ago. He sure did have a huge impact on music, not just through his own, but as a writer and producer. Anyone who's never heard Raw Power should listen to that album, as that is truly where punk rock started.
"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 06:08
Yea I heard about Lemmy. They say they always go in 3, and I've seen it happen with actors a few times over the years. So I wonder who the 3rd artist is going to be soon?

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 11:58
I'd say Bowie was the third, Scott Weiland was the first.
"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 16:37
Oh yea, how could I forget him. Just before he died, there was talk of an STP reunion. He was going back to them and Slash and Axle finally buried the hatchet with talks of playing together again. Which then caused a rumor the two bands would tour together. That woulda been sweet.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 16:51
Apparently Bowie did a video game back in the day?

https://www.yahoo.com/music/david-bowies-trippy-video-game-185501393.html

Rosario
Years of Service
User Offline
I already known this news that the great singer died on 17th February. This really a bad news us. Sorry for this loss.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:27:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:27:20