Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / How to save image in to Gallery?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

I'm new to AGK2 and Android development.
In my android app, I would like to allow the user to save the selected area of the screen as an image in to Gallery.

My App perfectly works on Windows, but I can't get it to work on Android.
On my android device the Gallery is located at /mnt/sdcard/Pictures
So I have tried to SetFolder("/mnt/sdcard/Pictures") before save the image, but it doesn't seems to work since I can't get the image to show up in the gallery.
Would be even better if I could make a folder inside gallery and save my images in to that folder but I have no idea how to do it or if it possible in AGK2 at all.

Anyone could help me please?

In case AGK2 is unable to write outside the app folder in to Gallery or anywhere, or unable to save screen in to image on Android, is this going to be possible in the future?

Thanks.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 12:06
You can only save files to the sandbox app data folder on Android, but you can use PRINTIMAGE to store an image in the gallery on Android (at least I think that is still the case! I haven't tried it in ages).

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
JacobVR
Years of Service
User Offline
I try save the image on WHatsapp but when I go to image gallery android I don't see the image and the image there into the directory I can see from ES File Explorer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:04:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:04:01