Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / help basic effect usage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 11:52
I would be awfully glad if somebody could give me a hint and show me how to work with fx. The story so far:

For my first fx test I want to apply a glass material on a limb. I constructed a saucer dummy object consisting of 4 limbs. One of these limbs is the canopy the glass material is supposed to go. I exported the "Colored Glass 2" from Dark Shader, loaded the fx file (to which I made no changes at all) and applied it to the limb.
The program runs OK, but the glass doesn't show as it should: I have no clue where and how I should tell the shader about the background and reflection textures.

the dba code:

the myGlass.fx file:

(all files in the attached zip)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kafoolwho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 12:10
I don't currently have access to it, but the Darkshader help file contains examples on rendering dynamic textures under the Exporting category, in Using Object Shaders, I believe.
dontaskme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 12:24
Oh my! I didn't even think of looking at the help files! My bad.
I am going to read the information I just found there...
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2016 18:03
Hi, you could also take a look at the code in the project produced when you select "export all" from Dark Shader
dontaskme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 10:21
These were the hints I needed. Thanks to both of you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:49:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:49:50