Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Set Blending Mapping On and DarkLights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

When i enable set blend mapping on and render some lights with darklights, when the process is finished, it gives me a graphic card crash and application crash, or sometimes, just application crash.

Here is the code for blending:

Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2016 23:44
I believe Darklights uses DirectX texture blending to blend the lightmap images with the base texture. Have you tried blending your image on a different stage index using the second variation of the function.

MateiSoft Romania
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes i tried, still no result
Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2016 21:00
I don't have dark lights but I think I recall fpsc uses it, a lot of times I found it would crash when processing the lightmaps on high quality which I think was down to either too high a poly count in some cases(when not necessarily on high settings) or the texture sizes where to big, have you tried the whole process using just a few cubes and lights on a plane with low res textures? I would suggest getting it working on such a basic scene first if you already haven't done so.
MateiSoft Romania
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem is that darklights does not work with that specific command activated "Set Blend Mapping On". If that command is not activated, the whole system works just fine, i tweaked darklights pretty good to have low res and fast lightmapping but when the object has texture on it, the low res light not showing.
Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2016 13:55
I'd just use a shader instead... never been a fan of the blend mapping commands and a shader to show a lightmap is quite straightforward, and affords a lot more control... especially if you want normal mapping as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:17:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:17:11