Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / 3 layer hologram with smartphone and AGK2 as a calendar

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Found a lot about makening holograms with devices.

Just had some time to make some 3d (triple layer) hologram in the holidays using AGK2, becouse the program has more usability than just gaming and apps.

I have to mirror and flip the text file. It is only possible to do it in a graphic editor, becouse AGK2 cant mirror the font type (as far as I can find it).

First test is only snow with a snowpman. You can see the red lines in de video (for finding the folding edges of the plastic). The second test I removed the red lines and added some trees for more depth.

This is how it is made:
--
Just cut 1 piece of (trash) thin plastic. Got it from a box. Cut out 3 C's. Use the tip of the scissors to make the sharp edge to bend the sides of the plastic flaps.

Keep the flap at the back bigger than the front. That is my problem not to use depth in real life (lol).

The images are from public domain (google for the filenames.)
--

Take a look at the link for the video (and the images in the attached files), how it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK6vA9lUSSk

Here is the code:

Greetings.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2016 00:05
Very cool! well done. What a clever idea!

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2016 00:21
That is so cool!!!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2016 20:49
Neat little trick
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
TNX!

I've got some problems with mirroring the font.

Got the ascii.png from the agk2 directory and flipped each number char with gimp.

Added this extra code:

The text is suddenly black, and becouse the screen is black, I had to make the font color white.

The font doesnt come out as it was.

What could be the problem? Each font char is 16x15 pixels.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:11:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:11:38