Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Get text size in pixels, not world units

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2016 15:43 Edited at: 15th Jan 2016 15:53
It seems that GetTextTotalWidth return the width of text in world units, I need the width of the text in pixels. I can't find anything about getting the the width in pixels. Does anybody know how to do that in tier 1?

EDIT: I solved my problem right after posting Been looking at this all day :-P I set a variable for text sizing so I can change text size all over just by modifying one variable, only problem was that this variable was SET after first call to some text :-P So text size was effectively zero at that call :-P
The byte chrunchers are coming...
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE I SUCK...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2016 22:18
Always good when you solve your own problems. Coding is like that a lot.

And sometimes it takes someone looking at the code that you've been looking at for hours to find the problem. This happened at work (a couple of times). A co-worker could't understand why something kept failing and not seeing that 'function' had been spelled 'funtcion'.
Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2016 07:57
Yes, you learn most by be being able to solve problems yourself I recently discovered a variable that should read reflexes was spelled relfexes
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:17:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:17:27