Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Rescue Me , old school fireman rescue game W.I.P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 09:59 Edited at: 15th May 2016 23:49

Here is a work in progress of my game Rescue Me ,
rescue the chicks from the burning building before time runs out , video shows rescue , and getting hit by bird parts
more will follow very soon

thanks
mick
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 13:01
You have a neat idea here
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 13:24 Edited at: 11th Feb 2016 00:45
Cool! It reminds me of Rampage
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 15:10
Looking good, I like the small touches like passing cars and birds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2016 18:12
Yes Rampage and Wreck it Ralph

This is a great game you have going here, nice graphics, simple to use control method and looks like addictive game play.
Put in a high score table to a bit of competition between players and this game would be fantastic.

Well done with this, there are some very good projects being made with AppGameKit lately!
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, looks like a really good game. Reminds me of the original Nintendo game&watch handheld consoles. Loved those and this brings back those memories!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2016 18:33
Hi All

Thanks for the comments , I have mistakenly deleted the video trying to tidy up my Youtube channel , so I will post another up to date video asap ,

mick
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 20:13
Hi All

Just thought I would upload a quick demo , just so some people can try the controls , get a feel for the game and maybe feedback , these 2 levels I would class as the easy levels
all welcome good or bad

Thanks
mick

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 17:34
Tested on a Nextbook Ares11 and it worked with no problems.
Nice graphics, good controls, very addictive.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 08:21 Edited at: 2nd May 2016 08:25
Thanks Stab in the Dark , good news

Been a fair delay this end , with one thing and another
The game has changed many times , been trying a few things all takes time and most did not work , err
anyway here is where the game is now , I have 6 different building scenes , all pretty similar to a certain degree
the levels being shown with 4 vulture's would be a mid level scene I would have thought
still no scoring or sound and a lot of timing's still need to be done , but not far away now

mick
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome! Simple, fun looking and I really like the graphics. Perfectly suited. Have you done sounds yet? You could have some fun with that and what the people are saying?
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 16:49
Good lord that looks fantastic!
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great idea and execution!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
fantomEngine - A powerful 2D game framework
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2016 07:02
Hi All

Thanks for you kind comments , first of all I apologize for not leaving much feedback on other people's game and projects on this forum , I will do in due course
I have been wrapped up so much with this game , all the spare time I have had as been tapping away with this.
As I expect with others on here I and they don't get much spare time and it soon goes by.

Hi DavidAGK , no I have not got around to sounds until right now and I only have some 8 bit sounds I have bought , I know the sound was going to be a big problem.
Thanks Wilf and Mikehart for your comments,

A big thanks to BlinkOk who has supplied pretty much all the Graphics for the game for me , hope I have not wasted to much of his time as the game as swung if a few different directions.

What I have done is used the Graphics I have and a few of mine slung in , being a pretty basic programmer I can only go so far
Think that this game programming has gone far as I can go with it , its a pretty basic game , rescue the persons trapped in the buildings before their time runs out and avoiding the vultures and their eggs that they drop
a slight bonus is rescuing the cat from the trees to collect speed ups for your fire engine and ladder.

I have now finished all the levels for the game , there is 22 different levels spread over 6 buildings , once and if the 22 are complete the last 10 repeat over again but the timings are upped so making it even harder
maybe this don't seem a lot of levels , but its pretty much a pickup and beat your last top score type of game , but any feedback about the amount of levels welcome ?

All I have to do now is drop in some sounds that I have and the game is complete , hopefully in a day or two

Thanks mick
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2016 08:23 Edited at: 9th May 2016 08:24
This looks great... If you are worried about the number of levels, you could have an endless mode as well? This may/may not work, but you could have the endless mode so that you have to extinguish the burning windows (by clicking them), as well as rescuing... It would end when either all windows are in flames, or you failed to rescue x amount of people... A simple leader board for whoever saved the most or lasted the longest... Just a thought...
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Check out the sound libraries I mention in my thread (sorry - I've forgotten them already!). They're pretty good - ah, one just come to me - Game Burp. Lots of good quality sounds and you can always make them more original by blending with a free audio editor (Audacity).
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 06:36
A power up that allows you to carry two people would be cool
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 23:40 Edited at: 15th May 2016 23:47
Hi To all

Thanks BlinkOk , not a bad idea if I was going to take more time with this , would be handy in harder levels , but I think I will have to call time on this game , I don't mind doing a few little alterations , but I have a load of stuff around the house to do and other half is nagging me , err bugger lol

I have now finished the game , I think it is in a pretty playable state , I can make a few alterations if needed , but see how it goes on Google play now I think , I have chanced our luck a put a 65p charge on game with the vat Google charge it comes to 79p
Its only a pick up and quick go type of game , but I have done 26 levels , the 11th to 26th repeat after first

so here is a small video

and the Goggle link is
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mickyfun.my_app

I did not know if it was best to also do a demo version say 4 or 5 levels ?

Thanks
Mick
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 00:03
Hi All

Just a quick follow up from last post , getting the level difficulty is hard as I am pretty used to the game by now , I think its on the easy side , but if anyone does download if they could let me know , thanks

The instructions are pretty basic , just tap to raise ladder and tilt side to side to move fire engine
Rescue the trapped people as fast as you can before their time runs out , but watch out for the vultures and their eggs as they will knock you off your ladder
The cat in the tree is a bonus , rescue to upgrade your fire engine up to 3 times to make it go faster and faster and also makes the ladder faster to rise , but get knocked off and you have to start the bonus upgrade again
after 3 cats/upgrades collecting the cat rewards you with a 200 point bonus
scoring is 25 points for rescuing people to the ground and another 25 points per person rescued after the level has finished

thanks
mick
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 07:28 Edited at: 17th May 2016 07:30
Hi All

A weekend of playing the game to death and I have made a few little changes in sound and gameplay , but this looks pretty much like it now
so new version on Google Play store
and an other small video here

Thanks
mick

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:39:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:39:28