Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Set Lightmaping on and off for entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 18:06
Is it possible to switch on/off for casting shadows of selected entities?
I mean don't change static mode in same time
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 20:31
Kuper
There might be something you could use, a few commands are "hideshaddow=x" "shadowvar=x" and "setup_dynamicshadows=x" used in the setup.ini
I personally have not used the latter so I'm not sure how they work?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 21:26
@ncmako
Not work for me(((
I hoped that there is way to exclude or include entity in lightmapping using .fpe file
It is useful for examle for lamp which will not cast ugly shadow on the room ceiling and also I tried to turn lightmapping on for doors.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2016 22:18
The easiest way to exclude an entity from the lightmapper is to make it dynamic then set isimmobile=yes on the properties.

Black Ice Mod has a bunch of dynamic entity shaders so you can ensure the entity doesn't look completely out of place with the rest of your lighting but it will no longer cast or receive shadows. It should be fine on smaller objects like a lamp though.

You can't turn on lightmapping with doors for the same reason i.e. they need to be dynamic for animations. We include a shader for doors in Black Ice also.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:56:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:56:19