Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [Question]: Is it possible to release Tier 2 Windows Build to the Windows Dev Store ?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 09:56 Edited at: 14th Mar 2016 09:56
Is it possible to release Tier 2 Windows Build to the Windows Dev Store ?

Hi all,

I had a quick forum search on this and read a couple of past posts, I see its possible to list it and link off to a website where the user can download the exe file! I also see Smart Packer Pro is recommended to keep all the assets hidden etc..

However, I note in the documentation (specifically this page HERE), and even more specifically this here:

Quote: "NOTE: If you want to manually link the include files and libraries, they can be found at these locations:

Include Files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\common\include\
Libraries (VS 2008)
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\platform\windows\Lib\Debug\
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\platform\windows\Lib\Release\
Libraries (VS 2010)
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Debug\
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Release\
Libraries (VS 2013)
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\platform\windows\Lib\VS2013\Debug\
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\platform\windows\Lib\VS2013\Release\"

So, taking the above in to consideration, that it is possible to manually link and use the library/framework. Would I be right in saying that we could potentially create a Windows Store project from Visual Studio, and manually link all these libraries ? and then be able to use the library/framework in our game, which then of course would allow us to build it into the 'appx' file and potentially release the exe to the Windows Store like any other normal Windows app ?

Look forward to hearing back about this.

Thanks in advance
David Gunner (Jnr)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:08:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:08:28