Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Saturation shader?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2016 17:30 Edited at: 25th Mar 2016 17:38
Hello everybody.

I tried searching for DBPRo saturation shader, but all links seems to be down.

There's a code for changing HSL of a bitmap, but that was too slow for real-time rendering of 3D scene.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/34500

Is there anyway to adjust the saturation of a 3D scene?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 28th Mar 2016 18:10
Should be simple once you tell us which particular version you need, e.g. see discussion here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV

Powered by Free Banners
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:12 Edited at: 31st Mar 2016 15:19
Here it is

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 17:11
Let's hope hakimfullmetal sees your post.

Perhaps I should have checked his link?

Powered by Free Banners
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 07:44 Edited at: 1st Apr 2016 07:45
Hey everybody, thanks!

This is probably a dumb question, but how do I properly initialize and apply that shader in DBPro main source code?
I mean, do I need to declare something first? Or just load and apply that shader?

And I saw a "HueSatLight.png". Do I need to include an image file with that name or something?
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 11:58
Quote: "And I saw a "HueSatLight.png". Do I need to include an image file with that name or something?"

No. That is just a feature used by the Dark Shader editor which is a shader editing tool. You can safely comment out those first two lines if you like - they have no effect on the functioning of the shader.

Quote: "This is probably a dumb question, but how do I properly initialize and apply that shader in DBPro main source code?
I mean, do I need to declare something first? Or just load and apply that shader?"

It's not a dumb question. I'll leave it Kuper to explain how to use it.

Powered by Free Banners
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Kuper told me to try set screen effect or set camera effect

I tried to SET SCREEN EFFECT, but I don't see any changes...

I can't SET CAMERA EFFECT. Is this command or shader exclusive to DarkShader plugin?
I don't have DarkShader though...
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2016 16:23
Quote: "I can't SET CAMERA EFFECT. Is this command or shader exclusive to DarkShader plugin?
I don't have DarkShader though..."

It is a Dark Shader command but that comes with the later upgrades although I understand it isn't included in the Open Source version (which is confusingly called Version 1.071 in the Help>About menu).

Which version of DBPro are you using? I'm using both Version U77RC7 (shown as Version 1.077 in Help>About) and the Open Source version depending on what I'm trying to do - which is a source of confusion if nothing else .