Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / New DBPro Editor ?????????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How to instal "new" dark basic pro files?Ther is folder "instal" but when i click lunch.exe it sais stupid movie line "acces denied".Also when I start editor and open any project ,even "Hallo World", program can not be compiled {Compilation Failed(no exe created)}.Its not the problem in compiler`s path also because i set it manualy in option window.Please help me i want to make games!!!!
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2016 21:53
Did you follow this? https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216772
How sure are you that you guided it to the right compiler? I ask in case you have the older version of DBP installed just in case you have directed the newer version IDE to the older versions compiler. I had issues myself, in the end I simply renamed the "install" folder to the same name as the folder DBP normally resides in and have the two folders exist within the TGC directory but only having one folder at a time named correctly. It appeared to be a registry issue so my only way around it was to simply have them installed alongside one another and change the name of the folders so that the version I want to currently use is named correctly. Then guide the IDE to the compiler. This way I can have my DBP file associations work fine when I double click a project to open it.
kasapin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the reply but the problem is not in the compiler itself but in the "lunch.exe" file.When i click on the file it sais "ACCES DENIED".(WTF?????)
I followed the you tube instalation but when that guy click on lunch.exe he dosent get "ACCES DENIED" bs.Also i dont have instald dark basic beacouse i reinstaled my sistem recently and when i tried to instal new dark basic i get this nightmer.Thanx for your help but that`s not the problem.Pleas people HELP!!!!
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 11:28
The obvious thing might be to right click then select properties of the "install" folder and see if in the bottom right you have an option that says "unblock", in which case change it and select apply/ok.

Only other thing I can think of right now is that you don't have ownership of the files and folders within the "install" folder. But this would normally be a case of that you either upgraded or replaced your version of windows and the folder was downloaded using that previous windows version, hence the folder and contents ownership belongs to previous windows installation - if this is the case then I should think that downloading it from GitHub again should work fine as the download will now have your current operating systems ownership. If you can't be bothered downloading it again for whatever reason, then once again right click the folder named "install", access the properties then click on the tab that is labelled "security". In the top half should be a list of current users, select each one and if you look at the check box list of "Permissions" there should be ticks on all of the options marked as "Allow", if not then select the top one should enable them all. Click apply. Do it for each user listed in the top section.

If that doesn't work then you can take full ownership I think by selecting "Advanced" then in the new window that pops open there should be a line of text near the top stating "Owner" followed by the owner of the folder and contents. If that owner name is not your current account then you should be able to click the word "change" highlighted in blue, then simply change it in the window that opens by selecting from a list which you can find I think if you click on the button(s) on the right hand side - they should open new panels. I really think downloading it again would be much easier.

I honestly think they should have left DBP as it was on the site - and let us have the new compiler in same manner as they already have. I have seen more user issues regarding getting it up an running since they changed availability than should be expected from a product this old!!! How hard can it be after all this time to get things right, just once?! Not to mention the fact that those of us who bought it - and plugins as well - no longer have our activation keys in our account. Even sending them a ticket with the green help button was fruitless as their was no response whatsoever, sending the websites manager a PM proved fruitless as well. I guess I won't be buying anything in the future from them knowing how in the long run they don't pretty much care that we paid them good money we worked hard for.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 21:46
They should not have taken off the activation keys; I am not sure why that happened. I hope that gets sorted out; or at least email your keys to you prior to removing them from the site.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 23:57
Honestly think it wasn't intentional, just overlooked in the new site overhaul. Either way is a shame that it had not been corrected regardless of the reason behind it.

Old products can't be supported forever, but providing continued access to previous purchases should be done and should not be an issue as long as a company remains in business.
kasapin
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a nightmare.I tried everything.Even when i tried to run lunch.exe as administrator it sais it`s not a valid win.32 aplication.I dont know what to do.Please if enyone can help. Thanx
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 10:33
Which version of DBP are you using? If it's the one in the link I posted then try down loading it again - could be that the down load is corrupted, if you have anti virus then maybe turn it off temporarily first.
kasapin
Years of Service
User Offline
I did everything you said.I just downloaded again (Dark Basic Pro Binary 090216.zip),unzip it with winrar and again when i click on Launch.exe it pops up the window that sais "Launch.exe is not a valid win.32 application".Ther is no sence at all for me.I turn off antivirus,turn off firewall and it`s still the same problem.What process on my system could do this acces denied function is totaly a mistery to me.
kasapin
Years of Service
User Offline
i also tried with 120216 it is the same.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 11:17
Have you tried updating your installation of DBPro using one of the upgrades such as U7.6 or U7.7RC7 available here? I'm not sure the free version has the latest security fixes. I use U77RC7 without serious issues.