Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How make & import 3D world to AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 10:42
Hi,

I've been for hours searching around the web on this. I'm totally new to AGK.

Are there any tool i can use to make 3D world/object visually and load into AppGameKit?

How you guys do it?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 12:27
AGK can load most 3D formats. Tools like Blender have the ability to export 3D models that AppGameKit can import.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
mssutomo
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 17:58
Thankyou BatVink.

I'm new at this. Is it correct to do if I design a level in blender, save it as ".blender", and load it to AppGameKit? Or is there any AppGameKit proper method when working on 3D games.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
You will want to use File > Export to save the model in an externally usable format. The .blender format is the source for loading the scene back into Blender, but you will want to export it as either .OBJ, .FBX or .3DS (all of which Blender and AppGameKit support) and then can load it in AppGameKit using LoadObject() or LoadObjectWithChildren().
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Milkshape 3D is an easy to use 3D modelling programs. I modified and converted a lot of 3D models with it.

After you export the model, you can use LoadObjectWithChildren() to load 3D models that have multiple meshes inside it.

Then you can use Create3DPhysicsStaticBody( ) to turn the loaded level physic on, and the level will have perfectly wonderful collision (assuming you use physic commands)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:54:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:54:58