Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / The game closes instantly after running

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I had a project that I made just to make sure that DB was running correctly, cause I was having compiling issues before, and I reinstalled.

And it ran fine, until i rebooted my computer and opened it again. Now all it does is flash the window and close it as if i forgot to tell it to wait. I went to the generated application.exe and it does the same thing, so I assume its a compiling error? The Output shows no errors though.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 17:13
It is possible that the application is catching the key press to start the application running (e.g F5 from the browser, or Enter when running the exe).

It has been a long time since I used DB, but there is a command to flush the key buffer of any outstanding key presses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 17:32
A simple test to rule that out would be to use the mouse/menu to compile and run or press F4 to compile then double click the executable to run.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 17:43
Baffling. I recall seeing problems like that with an old version of the editor - it didn't replace the old exe with the latest one when you made changes. What code do you see when you open the project? Which version of the editor are you using (look at Help>About DBPro Editor - my copy says June 23 2010)? Did you previously compile and run without the wait key line?

I couldn't reproduce the problem by pressing enter to run the exe.