Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / How do I use my mouse in a start screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have a problem. My group has to create a educational game for our class. We want to make a fun space game that when you answer all the questions right you win. The problem is that I do not know how to code mouse clicks in certain areas. A example is that if i were at the start screen and i wanted to go to the options screen. there would be a button under the start screen that says options. I don't know how to make it so when I click the options it will take me to a different screen. I really need help on this because all the things i have searched before didn't help and we would have to change the entire game if I cant figure out this. Most of the other tutorials before showed how to move through the start screens with the arrow keys but I want to use the mouse and mouse clicks to go through the start screen and game.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 11:52
You could take a look here (found using the search button by the way ):

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/112936

Alternatively, try this simple demo: