Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 19:32
Has anybody see this thread?
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215476
Because fast open source DBPro Compiler is un-usable it is the only way to optimize and improve compile speed with
large projects.
I successfully precompiled a number of simple projects but when I decide precompile some Evolveds
demos i get troubles ( exe crashes without explanation ). I think it is because of dynamic array editing (which is must be declared in special way )
Maybe someone get into this precompile technique?
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 17:22

Only had a quick look at that thread.. But this seems to be the type of project what would greatly benefit from a pre processing tool. So perhaps somebody could build a program (parser) that runs through either a singple DB/DBPRO source code or the entire project and applies the required tweaks for the precompile process to work for the end user.

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 10:08
I actually had a look at this a while ago. Unfortunately the compiler source is a right mess of cross-references all over the place so it's a hard nut to crack without getting lost along the way.
From what I've been able to determine the compiler puts placeholder labels in the assembly for function calls that are actually resolved at runtime by your compiled program itself rather than at link-time. This means that all function code is essentially put in a block somewhere in the executable and as such it should (theoretically) be relatively trivial to just put precompiled code in there. Problems will however arise if one such precompiled function refers to another function, that may then have a different placeholder identifier at the time it got precompiled vs. when the executable got built.
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 22:40
Thanks guys ! I make it work a few days ago.All i was need is to re-arrange declaring of globals and arrays
For start i use Evolveds Terrain demo which is about 2000 code lines.
I add project with source below.
Also if there will be any questions I can write a little tutorial for it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:50:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:50:27