Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / GameGuru Loader 4 AGK2.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@Preben. Thank you for your answers.

Yeah you are right. TGC should add officially this protection.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 20:03 Edited at: 16th Apr 2018 20:12
New version available!

Login to your daily3d.com account and download ggloader146.zip
It has also been updated on Steam and on TGC directly.

* Improved 3D physics support
* Ragdoll support, a single function that can add ragdoll physics to your characters - CreateRagdoll(objID)
* The Kinematic Bullet: interact with Ragdolls and objects by shooting a kinematic bullet
* 3D physics now set the real center of mass for all objects
* All physics objects now use convex hull shapes by default
* Added direct support for more media including all the new PBR media
* Increased the vegetation baking. Vegetation is now way more intense and covers the terrain better
* Bug fixes, support more point lights, improved new level loading and more!
* Underwater post processing shader has been added, makes your underwater levels look great!

See screenshot of the level used for the fish video, its just using waypoints!
Subscribe and checkout great AppGameKit video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Preben,

Is that skeleton part of a pack? I own a few packs, and have not seen it.

I love what you are doing with GG.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Golelorn , yes its part of the "Fantasy Pack" , pretty great pack , hope they do a PBR update on that one
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2018 01:33 Edited at: 25th Apr 2018 01:34
To use the latest PBR media from TGC , just use the included batch converter "fixpbr" to convert all the PBR media to .x so you can use it directly in AppGameKit, no need to do anything else, GameGuru Loader will find the .x and use this

Was testing the latest PBR in GameGuru Loader 147, using the new tweaked PBR shaders with better ambient/colors/light/sun, everything works great.

Mega Pack 3 PBR:

The new shiny PBR from the Death Valley DLC in AppGameKit:

Attachments

Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a proper tutorial on this ?

0)Step by step on creating levels and how to import it using Loader
1)Create multiple levels in Gameguru and uses it in AGK
2)Pause/resume, savegame ?
3)Menu,options screen or scenes ?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Tumira

0:
you could try to watch this video , for making a basic level , and getting it into AppGameKit using GameGuru Loader.
part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6DzTt4dkzo
part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vksFKKZDPhg

There is also other videos that might interest you:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVw3oQj67CU6d6ii_tZz8YA/videos

1:
Your able to place your levels into different folders in your AppGameKit project, and use the command: loadlevel("folder") , if you search GameGuru Loader project (main.agc) for "level1.lua" you can see how to change levels

2:
Sorry that one you have to code yourself , this will all depend on what/how your game is working , and what variables your using. But saving the Camera position / object positions / health / what else your using in your game should not be that big a problem, if you need help with this give me a email plemsoft@plemsoft.com with your current progress and i will see if im able to help you with any problems you might have.

3:
There is a pbrdemo.zip AppGameKit project included that show you how to do this , this demo was made to show, have you could make your screens/buttons ...
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216912?page=5#msg2618211

Here is a link to the doc and the different steps involved to get everything working:
http://publicdata.thegamecreators.com/Docs/GameGuru%20Loader%20User%20Guide.pdf

Also in your gameguru loader project folder you find "doc-ggloader.pdf" this one has some tips and tricks , and also show how to work if your using Mac/Linux.

GameGuru Loader was never intended to be a GameGuru engine replacement with all features , so you need to do some coding yourself to make your game work like you want it to
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2018 09:54 Edited at: 23rd May 2018 09:58
Thank you for the reply Preben.

I tried the fixpbr and it is not working. The gameguru is installed at the same location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\entitybank". I get error "'dbo2x.exe' is not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file" . I did extract fixpbr.zip to C:\fixpbr

When I run dbo2x.exe manually , it does display PLEMSOFT.

*** somehow I need to copy dbo2x.exe to system32 folder
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Tumira: Yes i did hear that from someone else, not sure why this happens on some systems ? , but as you found out you can copy dbo2x.exe to somewhere in you system path so its always able to find it
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 1st Jun 2018 21:38
I am trying to create a work flow for exporting PBR textures from 3D Coat to use directly with your AppGameKit loader shaders.
I know that I can convert them with the batch converter from the GG textures but I would like to export the correct textures
for AppGameKit instead. What does AppGameKit loader require for textures? Are there textures packed in the channel of another?
Do models need a .fpe file to tell AppGameKit loader which textures to use?
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Stab,

You just need to save the textures as .png , and add _result to the file names so a sample object:
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold.fpe
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold.x
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold_color_result.png
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold_gloss_result.png
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold_metalness_result.png
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold_normal_result.png
FPE then use: textured = gold_color.dds

If you look in this folder you can see how they are stored:
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\

You can add additional textures for use on mobiles , so if you resize the images and save as:
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold_color_result_mobile.png
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\ggloader\materials\gold_color_result_mobile2.png
These will be used if you select mobileversion = 1 or mobileversion = 2.

Hope this helps
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am thinking about jumping into AppGameKit 3D world only cuz of GG Loader, however I am still confused about some things.

AGK nowadays is capable not only to make mobile apps but PC as well.

1. Is GG Loader made only to optimize GG scene for mobile? Or it can be used for Windows games without the loss of quality? For an example, there is written that Loader is compressing 7 pbr textures into 3. I know that I would NOT like to do that for my PC game.

2. I've noticed some VR shots with Loader. Do I need VR DLC to use it or not?

3. When whole scene from GG is converted and loaded into AppGameKit, do I have option to code and control separate assets from that scene, or it's merged into one big geometry object?

4. When long conversion from Loader side is over, and I want add few assets into existing GG scene later, do I need again to convert the whole scene into AppGameKit trough loader, or only few extra object that I additionally add?

Thanks
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 12:11 Edited at: 26th Jun 2018 12:12
Hi psychoanima

Yes you can make Windows/Desktop games without quality loss , yes it do compress 7 textures in to 3 , but this is Baking it do this without loosing any quality , this is a trick all game engines use
There is a setting called "usemobiletextures = 0" that you use to specify the quality you want , usemobiletextures = 0 is Desktop quality, you then increase this value to lower the quality in the textures.

If you need to make VR apps for VR gear you must have the VR DLC , if you only want to make VR for mobiles you dont need the DLC.

Yes you can control/code each object as you like, it do have a draw call optimizer but you also control that yourself in the code , and write in the code what objects you like to combine into big objects.

When you learn how everything works , you can work around this , if you look at my own GUI settings:

You can see instead of pointing my "GameGuru root\Files" folder to that GG folder that contain ALL the media , i just made a new folder called "convertfiles" , and when i just need to convert a few files , i just copy the media i need to convert into this folder, and everything is processed really quickly

And please just let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a really cool tip/trick about converting!

If I add for an example a house into existing GG scene, and I export only that house since everything else is already loaded into AppGameKit, will that exported house keep GG coordinate space? In other words, when I import only that with Loader with your explained technique, house will keep the same world position as in GG?
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2018 10:12
Yes, the data is stored in the map files so as long as you export the map .fpm file from GG to your GG loader project again it will update your changes.

Assuming you followed the guides method of setting up GG loader if you have converted all your GG media you only need to do it again for NEW purchases or additions to GG library - not for new stuff placed on the map... Converting just the .fpm file is enough to get any changes made in GG into GG loader
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2018 05:04 Edited at: 6th Jul 2018 05:31
Hey,

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask. I am trying to make a base world map using GG. I have GG and GG Loader(the player will select an area and then enter the level - like old school Final Fantasy). I want to move the terrain I created to blender, so I can render out an image to use as a sprite map for navigation. I also need to add a few of my own items. I am not sure how to import fbx and texture files into GG.

A few issues I have run into:

1) How can I change the brush size?( I found the answer the - and + )

2) The water seems to be totally transparent. Is there a way to adjust clarity?

3) Where are my texture/height map/splat map/etc files stored?

4) How do you remove items from the entity bank? I accidentally placed a sword on the ground, and for some reason could not select it to delete it. Yet, when I walked around it was on the ground.

5) Is there a way to adjust the speed of the terrain deformation? Unless, I am wrong, undo will only work on the last action. So, I am finding it difficult to correct any terrain mishaps.

Thanks in advance. If these are answered in any tutorials feel free to point me in that direction. I have watched a few and they were definitely helpful.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Golelorn:

1. Great

2. In GG Loader main.agc you find this line:

Set it to 255 to disable transparency , or a little lower if you want a bit of transparency.

3. In GG Loader they are generated here:
c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\media\

4. In GameGuru Editor , you should be able to delete it from here ? just select it and delete , then when you save its removed from the list , dont that work ?.

5. You cant adjust the deformation other then the size of the brush , but try to use the "smooth" terrain brush instead , i normally do this to make small adjustment and remove hard edges on the terrain

GG Loader can make a 2D texture map of your terrain for you , just enable "basemaponly = 1" and it will create a terrain basemap that are a 2D version of the terrain seen from top down.
You also find it here after its been generated:
c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\media\
Remember to set basemaponly = 0 after the map has been generated

athomic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2018 12:22
Dear Preben,
At first thank you for your great work in GG and GG Loader. It's fantastic. I have a question. Will Dynamic Lights reflect real PBR reflection in GG Loader also ?
Thanks
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
I am experimenting with GG loader and documentation at some point is really confusing, at least for me. So I have to ask:

1. I am aware that conversion is going to last hours, but, if I want only my custom level to be loaded into AppGameKit is that changing anything at all when it come to conversion time? Is conversion only affecting the level I want, or it's necessary to convert also some GG files not related to the map itself?

The main point of my message here is that I would like to skip hours of converting textures and assets that I will never use in my project

2. How actually I am opening my converted level from GG in AppGameKit? Is it in GameGuru Tmp, GG loader temp folder or GG Loader Folder? Does it have the same name, like GG map, only with AppGameKit extension? It's really confusing.

3. I try to set VR to 1, I am getting split eye screen, however camera doesn't respond when I move my cell phone around, am I missing something here?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
athomic: This time i made it the other way around , so it do not work in GG Loader yet , but only in GameGuru ,but it will soon , but i have some stuff i like to do with GameGuru before i start making the same for GG Loader, mainly my plan is to take GameGuru into the 21st Century , and then hope that this will bring more GG Loader sales , so i can justify spending all the time i already do on it. thats the plan for now at least

psychoanima:

1. you only need to convert the media one time , thats it! after that when you change on your level , just select the same as in the screenshot , and it will convert your level changes in matter of seconds

2. Your level ( .fpm) , is unzipped to your gameguru loader source folder /media/gameguru , and all the raw gg files is loaded from there , so no its not called the same as in gg. You can copy all the files from this folder to another like "level2" and use the command loadlevel("level2") to load this level. Hope this explain it

search for "VR_Update(speed#)" , and enable this line , and it will move using the Gyro. you properly need to do more on the control depending on your game , but let me know if this fix your problem

Attachments

psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
@preben

About first statement

Quote: "1. you only need to convert the media one time , thats it! after that when you change on your level , just select the same as in the screenshot , and it will convert your level changes in matter of seconds "

In GG Loader there should be folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files

This folder contains game guru assets that I will never use in my life but still Loader will convert them all, and that's where most of the time is lost in conversion. In fact, there will be 6 gigabytes of files in GameGuru Tmp folder.

My question is, can I safely delete all these assets from Game Guru instalation folder (Game Guru\Files), because I will never use them and that way I will hopefully cut the Loader conversion time?

smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2018 20:31
if you create a new folder containing only media used in the map and then point gg loader to this when it asks for the root to convert it will work fine for your needs, just remember you will need to convert again any new media you may add to your gg map later
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2018 20:56 Edited at: 8th Jul 2018 20:56
Quote: "if you create a new folder containing only media used in the map and then point gg loader to this when it asks for the root to convert it will work fine for your needs, just remember you will need to convert again any new media you may add to your gg map later"

Cool! That concludes my question, thanks.

@preben

Quote: "search for "VR_Update(speed#)" , and enable this line , and it will move using the Gyro. you properly need to do more on the control depending on your game , but let me know if this fix your problem"

It's working now, sort of. Very limited angle of movement plus vertical axis is super slow. Can you direct my what should I look for to fix this, and does it mean that "proper" settings/calibration works differently on each phone? In that case it's not very usable, I am looking for some more universal setting, like youtube 360 option is working the same on each phone.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Preben! Love it.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 04:08 Edited at: 9th Jul 2018 08:07
Sorry! Another question. I found that I really like Cities Skyline map editor. I have created a few height maps. Can I get GameGuru to shape the terrain from a heightmap?

edit: I saw your video on YOUTUBE, but it was converting .RAW not .PNG. I am trying to find a converter.

So, after wasting my time finding a converter.. which I just used a unity script to convert a png height map to .raw.... I saw that the filetype didn't matter...

So, I changed it to m.dat.... it does not save in the media folder. It saves in the AppGameKit AppData folder. Not sure if that is on me, or something has changed.

I had no level from GG converted, yet. So, I am now converting a generic level.

So, if I understood this correctly, I update the .zip file, rename it to fpe and load it in GG?

I saw there was a password on the zip - am I supposed to know this password or you did that on your own?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 09:26 Edited at: 9th Jul 2018 09:26
psychoanima:

It use the raw data from the commands like GetRawRotationVectorW2 , there is not any option in AppGameKit to control this, but it should act the same on all devices , i believe the calibrating of the gyro is in the settings of the phones.
It do say that it use "SetOrientationAllowed" to get the correct camera values , so search in GG Loader main.agc for "SetOrientationAllowed" and try change it to: "SetOrientationAllowed( 1,1,1,1 )" and see if it makes any difference on the gyro data returned by AppGameKit , try different settings and see if you can get the results your looking for. Also you can try to calibrate your phone's gyro and see if that helps

Golelorn: Yes the GG Loader way to get a heightmap into GameGuru is a little difficult , i made a video about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opOy6Vda2gg
You can read about the commands used here:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217668?page=2#msg2575934
To get the generated m.dat into a GameGuru level file (.fpm) you rename a level.fpm to level.zip and the password is "mypassword" this is what is always used in a GameGuru level file. Then copy in the new m.dat into the level.zip file using the password "mypassword" , and rename the level.zip back into level.fpm and this level with your new heightmap should open in GameGuru
Also there is a 3rd party tool you can try that might be more easy to use:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218876
Give that a try perhaps thats a more easy way to import your heightmaps
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 10:07
just saw this, actually the new link is here for HeightMap 2 Gameguru...sorry about that :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K89I4KyrztAugUNbyWaPIyz8r_ZOlzUl
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 15:35 Edited at: 9th Jul 2018 15:46
The GUI keeps getting stuck on this file: videoaudio.ogg
I restarted the converter, and appears to be working properly now. Thank you for the previous links.

Attachments

Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 18:26 Edited at: 9th Jul 2018 19:12
Hey Preben, I have loaded everything, and loaded up my level.

It looks like the heightmap that I tried to use earlier, didn't convert well, and GGLOADER keeps trying to use that heightmap instead of the GG level. I deleted the heightmap, so I am not sure why its not going back to GG.

I emptied out the media/gameguru folder, but its not being repopulated. I am getting the error message - failed to load map.ent.

It doesn't appear to be converting my level to AGK.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Golelorn:
Not sure where we are , but first make sure you comment out all the heightmap stuff again like:
saveheightmap("TerrainHeightmap.png","m.dat",0.40,16)
or
saverawheightmap("unity.raw","m.dat",0.18)

So that dont interfere.

Then try to load your new level file into GameGuru wtf.fpm and let me know if that works ?

If that dont work , then thats the problem , your properly did not supply a password for the new m.dat , this is needed in the fpm, you need to give it the same password as all the other files "mypassword".

did you try "Bored of the Rings" tool , it is more easy to use it will pack the new fpm for you.

If you tried everything e-mail me the fpm that dont work and i will take a look -> plemsoft@plemsoft.com

SImonK
Years of Service
User Offline
I spent 3 hours converting all the stuff and following the instructions (viewing the videos above etc) but when I come to run the ggloader project my level doesn't load. Instead its just an almost flat terrain with some water and a guy with a gun. ?!

ALl I want is to get my 3d scene ionto my own AppGameKit project. I don't want any behaviors (1st person/guns etc), just the 3d content placement.

I also want each level loaded into MY project, Is this possible, or do I have to always put my game through the GGloader project and build outwards from there. If so, how would I start to get Game guru scenes into my existing project. Currently the whole process seems very clunky and not really what I was led to believe (aside from the fact I cant even get it working), I just want to be able to place/scale/rotate multiple object in 3d space and then be able to call that scene through my agk project. I'm not trying to do anything special..my game consists of multiple levels of different layout but its seems like it's a real pain with GameGuru loader to get that to work.

Am I wrong?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi SImonK!

When it dont work, normally the GUI settings are wrong , please just email me a screenshot of your GUI settings and i will have a look: plemsoft@plemsoft.com

If you just want everything loaded into your scene and do everything yourself , there is a code included that do this see "mygame.agc" , this just have a do - sync - loop that only display the GameGuru scene.
You should create your own file just like this and call it something unique like "simon3dgame.agc" , add everything from "mygame.agc" into this file , and call it from "main.agk" ( search for "mygame.agc" , to see where to add it ).

You can now make your game in simon3dgame.agc and only the GameGuru scene will be displayed , everything else is up to you.

It even include this function "AddFpeObject" , that you can use to load a GameGuru .fpe object including all objects/textures/settings ... and everything is setup for you even the shaders is setup depending on the textures used by the object, so it also support PBR. Basically you just call this function and the object is displayed in all its glory.

see:

Also checkout "loadlevel("level1")" , this will allow you to load in a new GameGuru level.

Hope this helps , if not just give me a email and i will see if im able to help you out , plemsoft@plemsoft.com
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2022 06:02 Edited at: 1st Aug 2022 06:03
I have just purchased ggloader and have noticed that there are no shadows in the pbrdemo. As far as i can see all switches are set to have shadows but form some reason i doesn't appear to be implementing them.

Attachments

Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2022 08:15
Shadows are old code and only work with opengl and not vulkan. Its something to do with the depth maps. And if you set to use appgamekit's shadows it loses all the effects. Gameguru loader is old and not officially for studio and probably won't be updated.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2022 03:24
You are correct. Thanks you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:14:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:14:00