Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Game Creators web page blocking output window of Synergy editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2016 15:00
Just recently I started seeing the Game Creators web page right on the output window, blocking part of the view. It pops up a few seconds after opening the editor and loading a program.
If I float the window, the web page stays floating and can't be moved. The same thing when I put the editor in full-screen mode, the web page section just floats there and can't be moved, very annoying.
I have searched every option in the editor to remove it without success. I searched the forum and haven't found anything either. And this started to happen just days ago.
I wouldn't care about it if it wasn't blocking part of the output window, which is essential for me when looking at compile errors.
I'm using Synergy Editor build from June 23, 2010 and Windows 10. I have attached two screenshots.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

CSL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2016 20:46 Edited at: 24th Apr 2016 20:47
Why would Synergy do that to begin with? Isn't it a third party editor?
Not knowing anything else about it, all I can suggest (until someone more experienced comments) is disabling your connection while using it..
Jean Philippe
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Same problem here. It's sad because that output is pretty useful to solve bugs. Blocking "www.thegamecreators.com" ip in "system32/drivers/etc/host" won't solve the problem you will just get a "page not found" frame.
The best way to solve it is wattywatts' . It seems it only tries to load the frame once at start. So you "just" have to turn off your internet access when you run the editor, and you can turn it back on as long as you don't restart the editor.

Cu
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
That small window appeared for me too, but Output window is always on top of it, so it didn't cover anything.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 08:09 Edited at: 27th Apr 2016 08:11
Try the version available to download that is stickied in the DBPro forum. This doesn't have any TGC code/web pages.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/209135
Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
CSL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2016 19:18
Quote: "Try the version available to download that is stickied in the DBPro forum. This doesn't have any TGC code/web pages.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/209135"

I used to have that version (1.1) but the issue with it is that the highlighted code is black, and this is not configurable as far as I know, see snapshot, and for me that's even more annoying than the web page. I'm using the Synergy Editor from Dec 2014 (see snapshot).

As I said, this was not happening until maybe a week ago. To me it seems more like a trial version advertisement trigger? I used to have a paid version installed, but ever since TGC disabled the validation servers, I decided to install whatever they had in github.

Anyway, I simply expanded the output window a little and this seems to work a little better. However the full screen view remains glitched with the unmoveable TGC web page floating in the middle.

CSL

Attachments

Jean Philippe
Years of Service
User Offline
Same problem with the black "select" highlighting otherwise would be a really clean IDE.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 07:06
What OS are you both running?
Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
Jean Philippe
Years of Service
User Offline
w10, am not sure wether it was happening on w7 or not. Also I don't know if that helps but I feel like it only happened after a while(10/15 min, am not sure about this) and it's now permanent. Am not sure about this, but when I think about it I am surprised I have been programming without noticing it for 15 min.
ghostgate2001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2016 16:10
I tried the version of the Synergy IDE that was linked to on this thread. It solved that aggravating pop-up web-window problem, which was a blessed relief, but it added the "black blocking" problem, which made it unusable for me. My PC's OS is Vista Business 32-bit (yeah, I know...) I looked, but couldn't find that higher version of Synergy - without the black-blocking problem - which a previous poster mentioned and provided a screen-grab of.

In the end I decided to try the Codesurge IDE instead, which solved both problems. I would have preferred to stick with the Synergy IDE - it's the one that I've been familiar with for many years, and I can't seem to find some fairly basic functionality on Codesurge like increase / decrease line indent - but at least I have my beloved DB Pro back in a useable form with no major annoyances of any kind.
TBC
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 04:34
Somewhat related note...
On my editor (standard TGC download) I was able to push the bottom edge of my editor window UP and create distance between the editor and the pop-up, so that when I stretched it back down more the pop-up stayed way down off the bottom of the screen and out of sight. Maybe this would help it stay out of the output window too, but I realize I'm talking about a different editor here.
dcforeman
Years of Service
User Offline
The reason the synergy editor is doing this is simple.

TGC don't own synergy. But they do that the rights to give away for free the freebie version of the editor. That editor has adverts in it. Those adverts don'ts exist because TGC was sloppy as heck updating their website and never bothered putting place holders in for their "freeware" version. The result is a mess of the existing editor.

I strongly recommend using something like the Indigo DBPro editor, it's been pretty good so far. The guy who made it has a real attention to detail so it's worth supporting.

There are rumours of a open source editor being made, but I personally think pigs won't only be able to fly before then, but will have cracked intersellar space travel and be fighting a race of really really angry birds.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 23:11
I ditched the IDE all together and use Sublime Text 3 then call the compiler directly.

It takes a little while to set up the way you want it, but it is *highly* customizable with languages, syntax, themes, plugins, scripting, you name it. I highly recommend it.

Attachments

Jean Philippe
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Great ide dcforeman, I didn't know about indigo. The only problem i have so far is that it doesn't jump to the error line. I have to open go to line everytime i have an error. I have no idea if it was intended or just a bug am using windows10 and indigo 1.4.1. If anyone can tell me if it's normal or specific to me.

Thx
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 22:53
Just FYI I get the same problem on Windows 7 x64 (Pro & ultimate)

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:57:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:57:47