Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Windows 10 Open source IanM Plugins

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have been working on a game using IanM plugins on windows 7. I tried compiling it on windows 10 with the open source DBpro and got some errors(related to IanM I suppose). I read someone saying dbpro was running fine on w10 with IanM plugins. I guess he wasn't using the opensource Dbpro. I can't run any test on windows 10 right now but if anyone knows where i can find the latest dbpro version before open source or any idea on how to solve my problem(getting it to work on windows 10).

Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 15:25 Edited at: 3rd May 2016 15:34
Hi, you can try installing an upgrade over the open source version which I think should probably solve your issue - I haven't tried it myself as I bought DBP so have had no need to so far. I read somewhere that you can install upgrades over the open source version so I assuming that it will work, plus I tested to see if the compiler is overwritten when applying U7.7RC7 some years ago, which it did iirc. You can find the upgrade HERE

Edit: For the purpose of clarification, the open source version is not the latest version of DBP, I believe Lee had to roll back to version 7.1 or might have been 7.5 for the open source version as the aim was for a faster compiler - I can not speculate as to the exact reason(s) why. By installing the upgrade I linked to, the compiler will no longer be the faster version - again assuming that installing the upgrade works(you may have to guide the installer to the open source version if it isn't installed in the expected directory that the installer is defaulted to).
dcforeman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 19:20 Edited at: 7th May 2016 19:23
It is the latest stable version that Lee was using, DBPro outputs gameguru iconed applications. This is the version they used to compile the older version of Game Guru. But as that was an in house development version and never intended for release into the wild cause lets face it they gave up doing any real updates on DBPro a long time ago that didn't effect their direct products. TGC is all about Game Guru now cause TGC is always targeting the lowest common idiot wish trash like 3D Game Maker, FPSC and GG, rather than anyone who's going to elevate their products above poor to mediocre.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:42:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:42:17