Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Advanced Terrain?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2016 20:14
Does anyone know how to get Advanced Terrain working with the new open source DBPro? It says that it comes with it but the commands don't seem to be working. I also tried downloading advanced terrain which fixed some of the commands but always crashes as soon as 'Build Terrain 1' is called.
www.liambradburymusic.com - professional music for your games.
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 05:55
This is one of the reasons I am not gonna move to the open source version, a lot of people complaining about many plugins not working.
DBPro it's already bugged itself enough, no need to have new headaches.
www.89amstudio.com (company website)
89amadnetwork.com (advertising network)
www.galleonmate.com (3d pc game free to play about galleons)
www.armyvsarmy.com (free strategy browser game about tanks, warships, aircrafts)
www.jolbeyrental.com (second life lands and advertising)
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 06:29
Actually this particular issue was resolved in his other thread
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 22:40 Edited at: 18th May 2016 22:42
I made a backup of the compiler and debugger for the version I'm using and copied the compiler and debugger from the open source version. The first issue was the compiler complaining about a string table entry for a function in Dark Physics, the source use no reference to Dark Physics. I clicked ok and it compiled fine. So, I removed the dll's and keyword.ini file for Dark Physics. After, I compiled source that used a couple of DBPro tricks to show a transparent panel with text. I needed the panel and text to show while moving the window. The program compiled fine however upon running the program the panel and text did not show. The moral of the story is, don't use the Open Source Version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:23:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:23:54