Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Door scaling process ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
I go crazy trying to scale up a door :

- I tried to enlarge the 3 meshes of the door segment in the entity workshop...and i lost the door animation !
- I tried to enlarge them in milkshape...i lost the door animation AND the meshes are messed !

Is there a way to do do this ?

Thanks.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 21:03 Edited at: 10th May 2016 21:08
Hi W4ld0
First, is this "door" your trying to scale up a Segment type door, or an Entity door?
If it's an "entity" door then yes, Fragmotion will scale it up a bit, but it's hard to keep
the animation correct without messing up the bones. (but doable)
You have to select everything under Transform Options, Mesh, Bones, Correct Animation,
then Scale Uniform. And then it's still trial and error.
If it's a "segment" door then your best not to scale these as they are made to fit
nicely in a "segment" sized room. Scaling these up will make top of door stick through ceiling
best
Forgot to mention, Entity Workshop is great for static entities, but that's all.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 23:28
You can not import an animated .x model into milkshape 3d.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
W4ld0
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all these advices, I wanted to scale up a door segment and fragmotion is the solution. I scaled all the meshes in it and i re-maked the door in segment editor and everything was ok. I have uploaded a screenshot to show the problem, the rooms i'm making for this map are two segments high and the original door looks a bit small. In this example, the rescaled one is a bit too high but i'm going to experiment to find the good proportions !

Thanks again (forgive the bad english...)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 00:52
W4ld0
I maybe wrong, but by looking at the picture your screen resolution might be wrong.
I'm just guessing here The windows look also too short? What is your screen res. set at?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
W4ld0
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you ncmako, you pointed well the problem : the resolution was good (1280x720) BUT the aspectratio was set to 0 instead of 1.... I was sure i had set it up well ! Thanks again for the help !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:55:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:55:32