Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Make Terrain Not Working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2016 23:25
I have been trying to get the Advanced Terrain working but that doesn't seem to work so I even tried DBP's built in terrain commands and they don't work either. It just says 'Could not understand command' . Is there any way to get these terrain commands working again? Or do I have to wait for the open source version of DBP to be updated.

www.liambradburymusic.com - professional music for your games.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 00:06 Edited at: 10th May 2016 00:11
I've attached the Keyword ini and the AT dll... mine are working so maybe if you paste in the proper folders yours will work again. No guarantees!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 01:41 Edited at: 10th May 2016 01:43
Thanks! Still not working though, whenever I run it crashes with an Error and just says '6'. I put the DLL file in the plugins-user folder. It should be working but for some reason it's not. I've attached a screenshot

Attachments

Login to view attachments
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 03:01
You can try to update it with standard upgrade(stickied on this board) if you don't mind losing the open source version, in theory it should just over write it and everything should then be back to normal
LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 03:28
Just tried that, still the same. I'm out of ideas.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 04:11
Does it compile completely before running, or crash during compiling? I could test a small EXE if you have one that completed.
I don't suppose adding a copy of the DLL in the folder with your program would help, but I have had to do that with other libraries before.

I had a problem like this with AT, I just can't remember what finally fixed it.

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 14:31
Something at the back of my mind is saying "check the image" because I recently came across an issue where what I thought was a blank bitmap turned out to be an empty bitmap that simply needed to have been edited at least once causing DBP to crash. ie when you create a bitmap image on desktop by using the "right click" menu it needs editing once before it is usable by DBP even though MS Paint shows it as a plain white bitmap of a specific resolution which I assume is defaulted to the last opened bitmap resolution. Also just did forum search and got two results hinting the error message for "6" with AT was image related...worth checking just in case. Another thing worth considering is an issue I came across when AT first became an included plugin with DBP installation - make sure you don't have duplicate dll files for AT. When I first tried to install the plugin (after some time away from DBP) I hadn't realised it was now part and parcel of DBP. So if what Derek provided is from the old installer then be aware of that, if not then just make sure the properties dialogue has Dereks files UNBLOCKED - I have been caught out in the past with forgetting to check Matrix1Utils dlls properties dialogue for unblocking.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 22:45 Edited at: 10th May 2016 23:01
Too begin with, Make Terrain is not a Advanced Terrain function. DarkBasic Open Source Version, added some dll's and moved some of the functions around. It is my guess that the residual dll's are causing conflict. These snippets reflect what should be in your plugin folders and keyword folder, based on DBPro Version 7.4. Try deleting any other files found in these folder, unless you have installed a third party plugin your aware of. If you don't have one of these files, it just means the update you installed over the open source version is older then version 7.4. Hopefully this will work.

Plugins:

Keywords:
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 22:54 Edited at: 10th May 2016 22:55
Whoops almost forgot. You may need to add DBPro to your registry. Just edit this snippet to reflect your DBPro install paths. Save the file with a .reg extension and just click on the file.

LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 23:08
Right, here's where I'm at...

I have checked all the DLL's, they seem fine. I tried changing the heightmap image and that worked with the basic 'make terrain 1,"heightmap.bmp" command. Still can't get advanced terrain working though.

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll see if I can just use the basic terrain commands.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 23:20
hakimfullmetal - has uploaded the DBPro installer and update 7.62 to his Google Drive. You can find the links on this thread.
LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 23:42 Edited at: 10th May 2016 23:44
Woah, just got advanced terrain working. I don't know if this is what fixed it but it seems to be the cause. In the keywords folder there was a file called 'keywordsAT', I opened it up and 'build terrain' and 'update terrain' were listed twice. I think that is why it was crashing whenever 1 of them commands was used. I just deleted the bottom 2 and saved.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 23:55
Good too hear you've got it working. Don't think it has to do with the keyword ini file. Just noticed mine list those functions twice also and I never had an issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:13:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:13:20