Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / 3d collision detection explanation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 07:14 Edited at: 14th May 2016 07:20
Hi...im new to AppGameKit or GC product.Im going through 3d collision system for AppGameKit and get confused.
Maybe due to im getting use to blitz3d where i can set AN object collision on and type of the collision(box,sphere) and either it will stop or slide when collided with other 3d entity.
And also their is a linepick command in blitz3d where it will detect any 3d entity that within the line from THAT object(and the line will follow the object where ever it move)

But in AppGameKit im getting confuse with the concept especially with raycast,sphere cast with old_x,old_y,new_x,new_y.
Let say two object are moving both with collision on, who will perform that raycast command and which of the two that value old_x,old_y,new_x,new_y will be use?If i dont use any raycast command, will both moving obj with collision stop when collide?

Thanks
Thestroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
If you dont use raycast the objects will collide and stop ( at least if you use dynamic or static body, kinematic body will only collide with dynamic body). You dont really need raycast to make object interact with each other when they collide, you only use it when you want to see if there are objects (with collision) in the distance.
Note: i haven't tested it all but this is what i know.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 25th May 2016 19:23
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216683
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies...Stab, thanks but thats too hard for me

Can someone kindly please give an example of two cubes or sphere moving,collide and stop.Just for the sake of understanding.Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 01:52:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 01:52:07