Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / 2016 FORUM Presidential Election

Author
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2016 02:33 Edited at: 19th May 2016 02:34
Indeed, I wanted to make it clear that this shall in no manner or way be affiliated with the, ahem, American 2016 presidential election.

What
Forum Presidential Election Thread
It's that beloved time of year again -- time to elect a new person to hold the completely and utterly powerless, yet still highly coveted, title of Forum President. Sometime mid June (need to figure out an actual date soon), the new president and their vice president shall be elected into power the position of Forum President.

Why
Ticket Announcements
Campaigning

This thread shall serve as a place where forum members may announce their candidacy and running mates. Once you announce your candidacy and running mate, you and your running mate will be considered a ticket, which may later be voted for. This thread shall also serve as a place for forum members to campaign and let us know why they should hold the power title of Forum President.

How
Announce!
The rules are simple: simply announce your own candidacy and announce any other individual (just not yourself) to be your vice presidential running mate. One person may be a vice presidential running mate in multiple tickets.
"You're fat. Don't sugar coat it or you'll eat that too" - Dr. Phil
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2016 02:38 Edited at: 20th May 2016 07:17
Here goes the first one:

I, Dark Java Dude 64, hereby announce my candidacy for the 2016 Forum Presidential Election! I select The Slayer as my running mate, if he accepts.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2016 05:03
How can we see if our eyes aren't real?
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 19th May 2016 15:17
Quote: "I, Dark Java Dude 64, hereby announce my candidacy for the 2016 Forum Presidential Election! I select The Slayer as my running mate, if he accepts."

I, The Slayer, hereby accept to be the running mate for Dark Java Dude 64I I will run as fast as i can, and be Dark Java Dude 64's mate along the way, taking everyone with us on our path to make these forums awesome again! \m/

With Dark Java Dude 64 as our Forum President, and me as his right hand, we WILL conquer this world and all worlds yet to be discovered, and we WILL oppose our powers to get ALL of you hooked onto the TGC forums! As a reward, you will get tons of (programming and other) knowledge, cookies (with or without coffee), awesome indie games to play, dedicated MODS that keep an eye on every move you make, no books (because after all: book is stupid), and many more things i will tell you later!

So, you have two choices: either you are with us...or, you follow us! It's your choice!

Quote: "How can we see if our eyes aren't real?"

A better question would be, how can you see...without eyes?
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2016 16:37 Edited at: 19th May 2016 16:52
Just checking to see if the new sig banner shows up.

Edit: hmm...it doesn't look like it. Will need to fix that.

Edit 2: checking again.
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2016 04:07 Edited at: 20th May 2016 07:17
Quote: "With Dark Java Dude 64 as our Forum President, and me as his right hand, we WILL conquer this world and all worlds yet to be discovered, and we WILL oppose our powers to get ALL of you hooked onto the TGC forums! As a reward, you will get tons of (programming and other) knowledge, cookies (with or without coffee), awesome indie games to play, dedicated MODS that keep an eye on every move you make, no books (because after all: book is stupid), and many more things i will tell you later!
"
Amen to all of this! This is just the beginning of our beautiful plan to help Make the Forums Great Again! Stay tuned, all.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 21st May 2016 15:14
If I recall correctly, I was elected to power this position on June 26th of last year. Thus, that is the beginning date for the new President.

Plz someone take it from me

Slowly compiling code, one byte at a time.
Follow meh blague for more zany thoughts and possibly offensive programming!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 07:18 Edited at: 25th May 2016 07:24
Quote: "If I recall correctly, I was elected to power this position on June 26th of last year. Thus, that is the beginning date for the new President. "
Fantastic! 26 is a really cool day of the month. I say we hold the election itself by the 15th, thus allowing the current president to experience a lame duck period.

Making the Forums Great Again... What manner of task may this be? Surely not an easy one, I assure all of you! But a task that, indeed, The Slayer and myself shall have no troubles completing. This forum needs to see a reform! Our current president, the honorable Yodaman Jer, took on the presidency at a no doubt challenging point in this forum's history. The forum software was soon to be updated, the Posting Competition faced the normal struggles of competitive posting, forum members were dropping like flies, and forum activity was falling in general. But what followed could serve as no better than a mere disappointment -- president Yodaman Jer failed to improve upon any of these key issues! Throughout his presidency, the forum's activity has dropped to almost zero. Vice president Clonkex found himself involved in a moderation scandal, being appointed as a moderator to save the Posting Competition by trusting forumites, only to shortly thereafter forcibly resign said position due to his abuse of its power. The vice president has since seemingly abandoned the forum, while the president himself's activity has dropped considerably. Make no mistake, both the president and vice president are fantastic fellows, but their leadership of this forum has been lame at best.

As your president and vice president, myself and The Slayer pledge to take whatever course of action may be necessary to return vibrant life to this forum. We pledge to always be there for you. We pledge to never to abuse powers given us, be them imaginary or real. We pledge to protect the Posting Competition at all costs. We pledge, above all, to Make the Forums Great Again!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 15:44
Very well said, my friend! So it shall be written, so it shall be done!

Quote: "myself and The Slayer pledge to take whatever course of action may be necessary to return vibrant life to this forum"

Exactly! We'll even eat all the cookies to make it happen! I prefer with coffee (and chocolate), but without is fine too.

Quote: "The forum software was soon to be updated, the Posting Competition faced the normal struggles of competitive posting, forum members were dropping like flies, and forum activity was falling in general."

The solution is simple! We need more posters. I used to have dozens of (heavy metal band) posters on my bedroom walls, but that was a long time ago. As said, the solution is simple. To all forum veterans: return to sender! You can't deny your roots! These forums are your roots! And to all those anonymous members: stop hiding! You are not Anonymous!

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2016 08:01
Yes! More posters is one of the key goals we shall achieve as your president and vice president. Bringing in the anonymous members is an excellent idea, too! With all of these great ideas, we're well on our way to Make the Forums Great Again!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2016 06:01
Quote: "forum members were dropping like flies"

We don't need bugs nor flies! We need YOU! And posters! Lots of them! Post, post, post!

Quote: "We pledge, above all, to Make the Forums Great Again!"

Exactly! Whether you like it or not!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 09:59
Veteran standing here
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 06:09
Remember folks, time is of the essence! If you want to run for president of these forums, the time to enter the race is now! Democracy is pointless when there's only one option to choose from. Then again... Making the forums great again is what democracy is all about!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 08:16 Edited at: 11th Jun 2016 08:17
I, TheComet, hereby announce my candidacy for the 2016 Forum Presidential Election! I select Dar13 as my running mate.

As you are all (hopefully) aware, The Posting Competition's existence is at risk.

As president, I shall protect the integrity of not only The Posting Competition, but also your health and happiness (by not being put on moderation).
"Jeb Bush is a big fat mistake" -- Donald Trump
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o2rvwdLLSF1rmjly4.mp4
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 08:19 Edited at: 11th Jun 2016 08:30
Now all, remember that TheComet has himself been placed on moderation a few times too many! Should the very position of preventing mass moderation be placed in his hands?

TheComet's argumentative nature has also placed the Posting Competition's existence on the rocks a time or two. The words he speaks now may bring illusions of protection, but beware of his nature!

Oh and, congratulations on your candidacy! I could swear there was a handshake emoji. Have this instead

Consider these things my fellow forum friends: of all the candidates so far, The Slayer and myself currently attend the forums the most. I have served as vice and acting president of the forum for a year. I have hosted all of the previous few annual elections and banner creation threads. I push strongly for this forum to become and remain a great place! I'm a community leader, as certified by my nifty blue badge thingy. Protecting the Posting Comp? I love it like a child. Under my presidency, I can guarantee that the Posting Competition won't go anywhere without a true fight. And I strive for the most positive relations possible between the mod squad and the posting most, so mass moderation is out of the question.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 13:42
Quote: "If you want to run for president of these forums, the time to enter the race is now!"

You may walk too, but it's a race, so you'd better try to keep up!

Congrats on your candidacy, TheComet, but be warned...Dark Java Dude 64 and myself are on a killing spree! We won't rest untill these forums are great again, and we'll do whatever it takes to make that happen.
I would even listen to ONE Justin Bieber song, being a true metalhead.
Hmm, on second thought...not such a very good idea, but you get the point, eh?

Quote: "The Slayer and myself currently attend the forums the most"

Very well said! Even when we're not online, we are there!

Quote: "I have hosted all of the previous few annual elections and banner creation threads."

And i have made tons of banners for these great forums! It was my uttermost pleasure to make them for you all!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 14:26 Edited at: 11th Jun 2016 14:31
My fellow forum people, take a moment to think about this. As someone who has been banned and slapped many times and almost got the posting competition locked for good, what does that mean, really?

That's right. Experience.

Dark Java Dude 64 may have read the rules, he may have even understood them. But that's all! He has no experience with pushing the boundaries. I, on the other hand, can tell you a thing or two about taking risks, about knowing exactly where the boundaries lie and how not to cross them.

Who would you rather have for president? Someone who's spent their entire forum life packed in cotton wool, away from danger, or someone who has personally tested the boundaries and can unlock the full potential of this forum? Who here is more equipped to save The Posting Competition?

Vote for Comet. Save The Posting Competition.
"Jeb Bush is a big fat mistake" -- Donald Trump
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o2rvwdLLSF1rmjly4.mp4
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 17:11
Quote: "He has no experience with pushing the boundaries."

Oh, but no worries. We CAN push the boundaries. Wanna see me push a boundary? (perhaps) I will listen to ONE Justin Bieber song.

Vote for Dark Java Dude 64. Save Geek Culture.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2016 09:46
Lol, you guys are funny.
I'm available if anyone needs that 'vice presidential running mate'.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2016 17:35
Quote: "Lol, you guys are funny."

I hope you are too!

Quote: "I'm available if anyone needs that 'vice presidential running mate'."

Keep your space ships at home, okay? You'll need to run, not fly.
Btw, how's that space explorer 'game' of yours doing? Loved it, man!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2016 10:01
Hehe thank you pal

I'm about to release a free version of MPL3D Solar System. It hasn't been available since Intel AppUp store closed...

Thanks for asking

Oh and I don't think I'm as funny as you, but I'll try

Save TGC community! Long live TGC forums
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2016 10:09
What do you say Slayer, we make Morcilla our Secretary of Humorous Maintenance? He'd make sure we stay funny, basically.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2016 15:48
Quote: "I'm about to release a free version of MPL3D Solar System. It hasn't been available since Intel AppUp store closed...

Thanks for asking "

You're welcome, mate! Hmm...why not sell it on Steam or such?

Quote: "Oh and I don't think I'm as funny as you, but I'll try"

Oh, but you are. You just haven't tried it yet.

Quote: "What do you say Slayer, we make Morcilla our Secretary of Humorous Maintenance? He'd make sure we stay funny, basically. "

I think that's a wonderful idea! Join us and become hilarious (and famous)!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2016 10:46 Edited at: 15th Jun 2016 10:50
Lol
Alright, here is my first decision as SHM

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2016 15:05 Edited at: 16th Jun 2016 15:07
Quote: "Alright, here is my first decision as SHM

"

Darn, i forgot my password! LOL

You've passed your exam, Morcilla! As your Vice President (to be), i welcome you in our ranks!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 09:47
Lol, I am deeply honored
Thank you!!

Cheers
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2016 09:50
Hehe, excellent! Well it's getting near the time for an election... On what day you all suppose we should hold that?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 09:44
I think it should be before December 31th
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 15:11
Quote: "I think it should be before December 31th "

Hhahahahaaaaaaaaaa! That's a good one .
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 15:12
Let's say we make it June 25th!
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 16:18
Hmmm...perhaps we should give our competitors a bit more time ?

I mean, TheComet wanted Dar13 as his running mate, but where is he?

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 21:57
I think our competitors have already had a lot of time haha! This thread has been around for over a month, after all. Shall we really wait for a candidate who hasn't even been here enough to know that he's been drafted into a running ticket? Your call, mate!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jun 2016 01:13
As the current President, I say, forego the election altogether, mutiny against me, and take my title.

It's so heavy I don't want it anymore.
Slowly compiling code, one byte at a time.
Follow meh blague for more zany thoughts and possibly offensive programming!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 10:30 Edited at: 1st Jul 2016 10:32
Yo, someone should summarize the parties and their members so people can vote... shouldn't we?

I guess just one vote will be enough to win lol

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 15:26
Quote: "I guess just one vote will be enough to win lol "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:42:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:42:24