Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Problem on the Media folder and the command SetRawWritePath()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I have a small problem with the media folder. I try to store the contents of this folder to another folder, where it is the executable of the game. To explain more easily, I paste the code (test code) below.:

After creating the data directory, I run the program and the file "hello.txt" well appears in the data / media directory. But, at the launch of the program, a folder is created in "AppData / Local / AGKApps / TestMediaFolder /" with as content :

- A folder media
- Arial.png
- Avenir.png
- Button.png
- ButtonDown.png
- interpreter-backdrop.png
- interpreter-logo.png
- interpreter-power.png
- interpreter-spinner.png
- JoystickInner.png
- JoystickOuter.png
- Missing.png

Is there a way that does not create this directory ? or that copy what he needs in my data folder ?

I'm on the 2.0.19 version of agk2 (steam version). My system is Windows 10.

I have a little trouble with that, thank you.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2016 16:15
You are probably confusing the internal logic in AGK.
If you read the help files about the read and write folders, you will see that they are treated as one virtual folder. Files are read from both, but files are only written to the Write folder.

The other thing is that you should always SetRawWritePath("") before you set the actual path.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Whiskey
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your reply,

So if I understand correctly, it is not possible to prevent the creation of the directory AppData / Local ...?

I tested SetRawWritePath ( "") before defining the true path but nothing changes, I have the same files in this directory.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2016 10:40
AppData... is always created. This is the default write path. Even if you immediately change the path, this folder will still be created.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Whiskey
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:11:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:11:10