Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Odd JavaScript error popping up?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 05:42
Hi all... Just today, DBP has started throwing this error at me in the IDE. Just while coding. It won't go away. I'm running the latest version of Java and yet it seems that it's a JavaScript error? Anyone else getting this or know how to fix it?

CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 05:44
It may be connected with the fact that, despite my running the full version of DBP, I occasionally still get the advertising banners pop up down the bottom (which is annoying as hell). So it may be trying to load them.
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 12:01
Looks like something is broken / missing on the TGC website related to the built-in adverts for the Synergy editor. I have the full version but am also getting the same error. Having to use the latest Synergy editor with the annoying copy/paste black text for now.

I know dbpro is officially abandoned but hopefully someone will see this and at least fix a placeholder so it doesn't break the official IDE forever.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 12:18
I'm actually just using the default editor! Not even using Synergy

And I'm using the full version of the engine, so it shouldn't be trying to pull adverts!
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 12:57
The default editor is/was Synergy. I forget when it was changed, but I was using Build Jun 23 2010, which was I think the last official version. Anyway, if you use a different IDE the problem goes away, so I'm assuming that's where the failed javascript call is coming from.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 16:11
I managed to do a temporary fix by blocking all internet access to the IDE in my firewall

I've tried other IDEs and none of them are good for my purposes, unfortunately I find them all to be fairly buggy.

I actually found a totally different Synergy IDE for DBPro that was separate to TGC. Are there two?
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2016 09:52
Yes there's the official IDE which is Synergy with whatever modifications TGC wanted (like the adverts, branding etc) and then there's the standalone Synergy editor. (Both written by John Youren)

I just did the same as you and blocked the official IDE from all internet access.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:16:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:16:46