Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / I remember the glory days

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm serious when TGC actually provided a link to a downloadable dark basic professional application that would install all you needed was a verification code or when you could buy dark basic classic in a box, on disc from PC world! I bought game guru from steam it's a massive let down, where's the intricate control? I want to strangle zombies with their own intestines, I want to make people bleed! and when somebody drops a hat on the floor from being beaten up I want to pick it up and wear it and be like haha! I've stolen your hat! All of that was possible with dark basic pro!!! all game guru offers is nice models and cool graphics, do they think we're children? if you wanted photo realism you could texture your models with photos and it would look slightly more real than anything game guru has to offer.

My mother threw away my copy of darkbasic classic on disc when I moved out, my computer caught a virus when I had the darkbasic pro that you could download and install from TGC, so the main question I'm asking here is HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE DARKBASIC PRO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB???
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 11:58
Please read through this thread: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217194
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 12:01
look at my thread below on dpro discussion
A child's dream never dies.
cryofpain
Years of Service
User Offline
Where are the certificates to activate the compiler? it doesn't specify where they are stored, I tried downloading some of those links but it just said the files were corrupted or invalid. Thanks for the response though...
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 16:18
You're probably getting corrupted downloads. Try again, the files are fine. You can find the compiler folder here - Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Install\Compiler
cryofpain
Years of Service
User Offline
WickedX wrote: "You're probably getting corrupted downloads. Try again, the files are fine. You can find the compiler folder here - Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Install\Compiler"

No that wasn't the problem, fortunately smerf directed me to the tools then options in the launch application whereby I altered the root source of the thing to the DBPcompiler.exe where it's actually located on my hard drive.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 20:49
np cryo. still seems a bit buggy to me its missing a few needed registry updates and im lost when I comes to that.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 00:45
And since where on the topic of glory days Mr Lee Bamber.

The French palace, Le Palais Idéal (“The Ideal Palace”), in Hauterives was built by a single mail man out of the rocks he collected on his route over a 30-year period. Now, the landmark is a major tourist attraction, drawing about 150,000 visitors a year.
Darkbasic isn't just another programming language for must of us, its a passion and a love. Game guru may be a fascinating tool but it will never have the utility finesse or beauty of DBPro.
Without the loyal support aka "cash money dollars, pesos, euros, yen ect" of your loyal tgc base over the years and the heaps nearly useless or quickly abandoned or outdated software we bought from the tgc store, it most likely would not have been possible for you to sit on your rump and make build game guru. We don't ask for much, just like the French palace Le Palais ideal, we only ask for a rock or two a day over the years to keep the palace from crumbling. Just enough time to drink a cup of coffee at the computer to keep it alive and update as hardware evolves nothing spectacular. Don't get me wrong I have great faith in the open source community but I don't trust them with my dbpro. Game Guru is like a transformer, you give it to your kid on his 9th birthday and he loves it and playes with it ever day for a week before he puts it down and never touches it again. But if you give that same kid Legos he will most likely play with them off an on his whole life and then pass them on to his children. Weather dbpro support comes back or not its been a fantastic journey and ill always love you for it "no homo" lol. Sincerely The Smerf, with an E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:16:10