Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Model from blender inside out export

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I made a burner with blender by extruding and sizing a cirlce. In blender it looks fine.

When i Exported it to obj and 3ds both look like if they are made from glass kind a like. It looks that the outside is transparant.

See the image added with this.

Is there a buttons i have missed in Blender to make the object solid?
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody?
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2016 03:29
You never actually provided the image! Please answer the following questions and upload your image(Edit the first post you made for the image - you MIGHT need to alter the text by adding a single character like a blank space in order to edit the post - I am unsure as the forums have changed since I last did this);

Could you save the .blend file and upload it here in your next post so we can take a look?

Which version of Blender are you using?

After Export what are you viewing the model in?

I can not offer any guarantee to a solution but knowing the above will certainly go a long way for others to help out should they read this thread
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I thought I did upload the image (maybe forgot to press the button upload ), but it is not with that message, sorry for that.

I will zip it and add it with this one again. The blender version is one of the latest 2.77.

this is the basic code to see it turn and being 'semi'-transparant.

Just painted it red in agk2.

The blender file etc is in the zip file.

It was exported as obj and as 3ds. both do the same. I also had something like this with blender when a uv-map was show insideout some time ago. But that was fixed by using an onther program.

So it would not be that hard to use blender?

Greetings.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 20:55 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 21:49
I'm using Blender 2.59 and haven't had any trouble with exporting to .obj and then using them with AGK. Unfortunately, the blender file you provided didn't open properly for me - it came in as just a wire frame - I'm guessing this is due to the different version.

However, I was able to import your .obj and noticed that all the normals were pointing inward - this would account for the model being inside out - so I flipped their direction, exported it as an obj, loaded it into an AppGameKit program and the model looked correct.

I've attached a screen shot of the parameters I set when exporting .obj.
Hover Car Race Challenge! - available now on Google Play
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB

Attachments

Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reaction.

Old days I used Wings3d, never had problems. So I am trying Blender now.

How can you see that the normals are turned inside out? And how can you flip or turn them? When I render it in Beldner it looks oke. Your parameters are the same as mine.

I made the model by just extracting a ring as basic. Maybe I had to move the fist one down instead of up?

Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
I added a picture of the object in blender.e

Attachments

Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
With your help i tryed to push some buttons and this is the result.

I used (space) "flip normals"

and I used shading/backface culling on and off.

Still all the results are the same.

I added an image of the normals It points in the right direction if I got it right?

What alternative is there for blender?
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
again the image was nog loaded after the upload..... so i try it again.

here is the image...
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, image is not added

dont know why, I added it.

Attachments

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 23:18 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 23:20
I downloaded the same version of Blender (2.77a) and, yes, your model is correct in Blender but inside out in AGK. I have absolutely no idea why this should be.

As I test created my own model in Blender 2.77a, exported it as an .obj and then loaded that into an AppGameKit app. It worked fine.

So rather than faff about, I've uploaded as zip file that contains an AppGameKit project called "general". In the media folder you'll find:
- the original blender model - cylinder_001
- the .obj file
- a pdf that gives a brief explanation of how I created the model and what it looks like in AppGameKit, along with the AppGameKit code I used. I'm not a blender expert so don't see it as the best/only way to make a model but it is close to the sort of method I might use.

I'm still using AppGameKit V2.14b so you'll have to change the directional light command if you're on a newer version.

As you'll see I haven't done anything fancy.
Hover Car Race Challenge! - available now on Google Play
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB

Attachments

Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
I used the single lined ring and extruded that. Maybe that give the problem instead of using a cilinder.

I go an try it you way.

Thank you for the efforts to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:36:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:36:15