Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / XQuadEDITOR, eXtends, 2DpluginKIT, PurePLUGIN & 3DMapEDITOR.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2016 15:24
Hi All,

After discussing with Rick, we've found a solution for me to get back the Rights on these products I developed in the past.
Of course it's more an emotionnal needs for me thant a commercial reason that pushed me to ask Rick how I can become again the Legal owner and copyright holder of these applications.

I don't know yet what I'll decide for these. But as I'm the original developer of these products, everything is allowed
( One thing that is sure, is that I will make these products available for download... The "form" is not yet decided, but they will be.

It was just to inform the DarkBASIC Professional community about this.

Regards,
Freddix
Steele
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 16:14
PurePLUGIN would be nice. I've been developing libraries in PureBasic for some time. I created Dark Data with it. I may release the DLL into the wild but first I have to make sure the one I have isn't a beta. The source code may be in the same boat.

I stopped working on it when my new (it was a few years ago) Windows 7 machine wouldn't run DBPro at the time and with it, went the further development since I couldn't test anything. I think it was a later version of DBPro that got things rolling.

Steele
Maybe it\'s just a bunch of stuff that happens. -- Homer Simpson
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 18:19
sounds great freddix. would love to see more things dbp related available again. Didn't quad editor stop working after windows 7?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 19:09 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 20:45
Steele : I understand, ... From what I remind, DarkBASIC Professional is not really compatible with Windows 7/8/10 ....

Seppgirty : From what I remind, the DarkBASIC Professional compatibility issue with 7/8 causes XQuadEditor to not work properly under these Windows versions (same problem for 2DpluginKIT, eXtends & PurePLUGIN)
I will try to compile XQuadEditor with the latest DarkBASIC build (from changes that were made in the public source code) and see how it work with my Windows 7 ( I have XP/Vista/7 in the same computer ).

I will do the same concerning PurePLUGIN, 2DPluginKIT & eXtends with the latest PureBASIC build and check.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 00:19
Quote: "I will try to compile XQuadEditor with the latest DarkBASIC build (from changes that were made in the public source code) and see how it work with my Windows 7 ( I have XP/Vista/7 in the same computer ).
"

That would be great. I hope you do that. I was always interested in x quad editor.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2016 22:47
just wondering if you looked into this yet freddix?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2016 22:31
Yes, I've setup a fresh install of latest PureBASIC release
Did the same with DarkBASIC Professional & PluginS I have. Updated it with the latest version from the GitHub version.
But I have some fixes to do ..
eXtends does not work properly, even on XP ( I know that PureBASIC evolution caused some troubles in the eXtends plugin, I'll have to check for that).
And then, XQuadEditor too...
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2016 23:43
@ freddix

Are you saying that x quad editor can't be saved? That's a shame.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 23:06
No. I don't do this "yet" :p I must do some investigations to see what can be done .. But during summer with my 2 childrens at home .. I have only "really few time left" for coding ... The end of the year should be more good for that

But to be honest, What I planed to do when getting back the ownership of X4, was to create a *LIGHT* version for AppGameKit ...
Currently, it's only an "idea in my mind" .. Not yet started to see if it can be done ... or not ...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 20:17
A world editor for AppGameKit would be great, I think people would really take to that, could probably sell it on Steam.

It is nice to see DBPro getting some attention lately.
The code is dark and full of errors

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:06:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:06:02