Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.20

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 22:26 Edited at: 29th Jun 2016 22:27
I've uploaded a new version to the TGC download area and to Steam with the following changes. Note this version cannot run bytecode from previous versions, and previous versions cannot run bytecode from this version

To highlight a few of the main changes
- New compiler directive #company_name to create a more unique folder for the write path on Windows and Linux, see here for more details
- New music commands based on an OGG decoder built into AppGameKit, so they will work on all platforms, support multiple tracks playing at the same time, and allow seamless looping
- Significantly improved image loading times on all platforms
- Mac apps are now 64-bit, so if you are using Tier 2 be sure to update your XCode settings to target 64-bit only
- Images are no longer padded to the nearest power of two (unless using mipmaps) which should save a lot of memory

Let me know if you have any problems.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 23:17
Great ! Thanks Paul !
--------------
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 23:27
Lots of new toys, thank you.
Ogg support and all of its extras is very good news
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
What an excellent list of additions and fixes! Looking forward to playing around with them--special thanks for the OGG support, share intents, RenderImage and Image Loading improvements.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 23:33
Looks good. Thanks for the quick update on the FB stuff.
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the company Name folder Paul!
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 05:10 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 05:11
I see you updated the RunApp() command, can you now specify a directory?
I love my Altair 8800 Replica.

http://altairclone.com/
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
more info on music commands please
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 08:26
Thanks great stuff Paul and especially for libpng update
fubar
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 10:27
The new music commands are a great addition!
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 12:42 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 12:43
GetInAppPurchaseLocalPrice() is returning incorrect data. It's like the index is mixed up.

I have 15 iaps, but the returned price doesn't match the actual price. This was on iOS.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 13:33
OMG!!! I've got 8(!!!) seconds of game loading instead of 20 !!!
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 13:41 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 13:48
Thank you for the update Paul!

* The .DAE files are being loaded as they should and do not result in a crash anymore.
* The image loading times are way better! 60MB of images are loading in some seconds now, great!
* Real time 3d calculation is also faster than before, I don't know why but keep it like that
* As we already disscussed in the seperate thread, the fused sensors on the S7 do not work, but I see you have build in the type_game_vector, that will cause less problems than before

Beside that fused sensor issue, I can't find any bugs or glitches in my current 3d game engines, for me 2.020 is very stable (Will move from 2.017 now)

Currently I try to setup NDK in Android Studio to create some custom sensor fusion code, I hope I'll get this done in some months. I'll share results, if there will be improvements. (It seems that linear acceleration is not calculated out of the sensor fusion) But the rotation delay in AppGameKit is gone with the type_game_vector fusion.

Keep up the great work!

[/url]
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 13:42
Same on Android, Johhny Meek; GetInAppPurchaseDescription(1) seems to be off by 1, returning the description for item 2 in the list.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 14:01 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 14:13
Quote: "GetInAppPurchaseLocalPrice() is returning incorrect data. It's like the index is mixed up."

iOS may be returning the product prices in the order they appear in iTunes Connect, it just so happens that I only tested it with one product! Try adding the products to AppGameKit in the same order that they appear in iTunes Connect and see if they match up. I'll fix the ordering for the next version.

Quote: "more info on music commands please"

You can read more about them in the help files http://appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Music.htm

Quote: "Same on Android, Johhny Meek; GetInAppPurchaseDescription(1) seems to be off by 1, returning the description for item 2 in the list."

IAP indices start at 0, so ID 1 is the second item. I had a quick look at the Android IAP code but I couldn't see anything that would explain an off by one error.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 15:38 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 15:39
Hi Paul,
What about SetMusicSystemVolumeOGG ??? To control all of music volume! I think it is really important thing...
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 15:50
Great news ! Thank you very much, Paul .
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 16:05 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 16:12
deleted
------------------Does LoadSoundOGG work? It seems that does not...
deleted
sorry... I need some more test with ogg...
Fluorescent
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 16:10
Since the ogg-music commands seem to be copies of the existing ones, wouldn't it have made more sense to just check behind the scenes if the music was in an mp3 or ogg? That way there wouldn't be new commands but just music commands that work on either mp3 or ogg?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 16:36
Quote: "What about SetMusicSystemVolumeOGG"

I'll make a note of it

Quote: "Since the ogg-music commands seem to be copies of the existing ones, wouldn't it have made more sense to just check behind the scenes if the music was in an mp3 or ogg?"

The OGG music commands let you play multiple files at the same time, so it would have been difficult to integrate that into a set of commands that were designed with a single playlist of files playing one after the other
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 16:54
Message: "Could not add sound file /testfolder/test.ogg - Not a RIFF file"
- How can I avoid this? I use simple AIMP3 Audio Converter to convert wav to ogg.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 17:20
Quote: "Could not add sound file /testfolder/test.ogg - Not a RIFF file"

That error would occur if you tried to load an OGG file with LoadSound(), you have to use LoadSoundOGG for OGG files.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 17:24 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 17:26
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2016 17:27 Edited at: 30th Jun 2016 17:40
Sorry Paul, my mistake!

And thank you so much!!! It is very-very important to reduce sound and music size in 10 times to compare with wav!!!

Fantastic release!!!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Would it be possible to have a Music Channel Get Spectrum command? If I have this, I could get rid of FMod (cannot get it to work with AppGameKit on Android) and start using MusicOGG commands!
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 02:57
Excellent. I've just downloaded the new version and will install it tomorrow. Thank you very much, sir!
Regards Sph!nx
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 05:18 Edited at: 1st Jul 2016 05:27
Quote: "I see you updated the RunApp() command, can you now specify a directory?"

Paul, any chance you could comment on this?

Quote: "The new music commands are a great addition!"

The new music commands seem to be the functional equivalents of the existing music commands, with the only exception I can see being GetMusicLoopCountOGG. Am I missing something?

adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 06:10
OGG support and seamless music! Yes! Thank you!
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 07:32
Quote: "iOS may be returning the product prices in the order they appear in iTunes Connect, it just so happens that I only tested it with one product! Try adding the products to AppGameKit in the same order that they appear in iTunes Connect and see if they match up. I'll fix the ordering for the next version."

Itunes connect just lists my IAP in alphabetical order, and I have old IAP that are not actually in the app.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 08:17
Quote: "The new music commands seem to be the functional equivalents of the existing music commands, with the only exception I can see being GetMusicLoopCountOGG. Am I missing something?"

I'm not sure what your question is, but...
OGG is about 10% the size of Wav
It is compatible across all platforms
It is license-free
You can play more than one Ogg file at the same time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 08:25
Quote: "The new music commands seem to be the functional equivalents of the existing music commands, with the only exception I can see being GetMusicLoopCountOGG. Am I missing something?"

The part I am most excited about is the seamless looping. Also not having to use different music formats for different platforms is nice.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 12:09
I'm not sure if its just me or everybody
but now with already working HTML5 files I get the error message "the site says the full version cannot load byte files compiled with the trial version"
The only known updates ive done since this occurred is upgrading my NVIDIA drivers and updating AGK
I'm using window 10 64 bit if that's any help and its the same in all browsers it may just be the NVIDIA update
Ive also tried recompiling the HTML files and I get the same error message in all browsers but yet the online version is working for others
fubar
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 13:42
HTML5 is completely broken for me now. All sprite images show the transparency as a solid pixel when the transparency level is set to 255.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 13:42
Any chance of getting the id3 tag data from music files?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 14:32 Edited at: 1st Jul 2016 14:33
Quote: "Would it be possible to have a Music Channel Get Spectrum command?"

I wouldn't even know where to begin to do that, and it is probably a very niche use case

Quote: "I see you updated the RunApp() command, can you now specify a directory?"

Currently no, it's on my list of things to look at

StopMusic, PauseMusic, and ResumeMusic don't take any parameters, whereas StopMusicOGG, PauseMusicOGG, and ResumeMusicOGG, all take the file ID as a parameter, since the old commands always assumed that only one file would be playing at a time

Quote: "Itunes connect just lists my IAP in alphabetical order, and I have old IAP that are not actually in the app."

So if you add them to AppGameKit in the same order, including the unused ones (even if you never use them) do the prices match up?

Quote: "the site says the full version cannot load byte files compiled with the trial version"

Can you check the Build->Options menu and check that the path to compiler field is pointing to your 2.0.20 installation?

Quote: "HTML5 is completely broken for me now. All sprite images show the transparency as a solid pixel when the transparency level is set to 255."

Can you show me an example?

Quote: "Any chance of getting the id3 tag data from music files?"

Not a high priority, but I've added it to my list
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 14:48
Quote: "Not a high priority, but I've added it to my list"

It's all I ask. Thanks.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 15:35
Quote: "" All sprite images show the transparency as a solid pixel when the transparency level is set to 255.""

Isn't that the expected result?
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 20:00 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2016 00:29
Quote: "I'm not sure what your question is, but..."

Obviously most people doing coding know the benefits of OGG over WAV and MP3, that wasn't what I was asking. Obviously OGG support was added but people were referencing the new COMMANDS so I was thinking there were new commands that provided some additional functionality that I was missing. The NEW commands seem to be the OLD commands reworked to support OGG better. Does that clarify what I was asking?

Quote: "StopMusic, PauseMusic, and ResumeMusic don't take any parameters, whereas StopMusicOGG, PauseMusicOGG, and ResumeMusicOGG, all take the file ID as a parameter, since the old commands always assumed that only one file would be playing at a time"

Thanks Paul. Nice update! Appreciate the hard work!!

So I have encountered some strange behavior using GetImage. In my level editor, I added a featured to grab a block of sprites and combine them into one new sprite. I have the virtual resolution set to 1920x1080. When I perform this function using GetImage, it works fine as long as the actual resolution is 1920x1080 as well. When I try this on my laptop which I think is 1366 x 768, the image is about 20% (or about he same ratio of 1366 being smaller than 1920) smaller than it should be. It appears to me that the system is performing the GetImage from the actual resolution rather than the virtual resolution so when you try to use the new image (as a sprite) in virtual resolution, it is actual resolution-sized and much smaller than the hunk of screen you grabbed it from. Does this make sense? Also, this is not a new issue to the .20 release.

Thanks

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 20:18
It can't have been that obvious, because your question was answered earlier in the thread I presumed you were asking for something else.
TutCity is being rebuilt
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 20:23 Edited at: 1st Jul 2016 20:25
What is that term you Brits use... Cheeky Monkey or something like that?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 05:32
That's one of the more endearing terms. My wife uses much harsher phrases, not repeatable on a family-rated forum.
TutCity is being rebuilt
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 07:14
A great set of fixes, improvements and new features! Share intents, ogg support, local notifications, faster loads etc. Amazing! Good job Paul.

This is the first time my apps have been detected as a virus though After compiling with v2020, am getting a threat detected of: "IDP.ARES.Generic" via AVG (free edition). I know it's a false positive, but how can we prevent it?

Thank you!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
CatfoodMcFly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 08:00
Loving the features in the new update, but it's given me an issue - the GetImage() command seems to be broken. I have a game on the play store which uses different elements to make avatars then uses GetImage() to copy them so I can convert them into a single sprite. This has worked fantastically up until the update, but now all my avatars are solid black.

They still render correctly on my PC, but not on my Android phone or tablet. I've experimented using the code examples given on the GetImage() page and they all give exactly the same result - works fine on the PC, not at all on my Androids.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 15:08
Quote: "am getting a threat detected of: "IDP.ARES.Generic" via AVG (free edition). I know it's a false positive, but how can we prevent it?"

The only way I can think of would be to let AVG support know it is a false positive.

Quote: "the GetImage() command seems to be broken"

You're right, fixed for the next version.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 00:27
Hi Paul,
have a look at Image and Sprite UV commands.
The "repeat" mode does not work anymore.
After I set

the following commands do not repeat the image anymore:

where speed is a variable that affects how fast the effects are displayed (the image is scaled and repeated).
Now it is only scaled but not repeated. Maybe only clamp mode works.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Would it be possible to have a Music Channel Get Spectrum command?
I wouldn't even know where to begin to do that, and it is probably a very niche use case"

so basically no music rhythm games
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 13:57
The HTML5 export seems broken here, too. Sprites with transparent backgrounds have their transparent areas messed up (this happened when running the exported project from the local HD using Firefox).

James
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 15:20
Quote: "have a look at Image and Sprite UV commands.
The "repeat" mode does not work anymore."

Tested with a 64x64 pixel image and it worked as expected. Images must be a power of two in size to repeat.

Quote: "The HTML5 export seems broken here, too. Sprites with transparent backgrounds have their transparent areas messed up"

The SnakeSnacker game that comes with AppGameKit works in HTML5 here, can you give me an example that fails?
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2016 17:09 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2016 17:09
Thanks Paul.

Really I feel Improved image loading times on my Platform.

Thanks A Lot.
Alien Menace
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2016 00:02 Edited at: 5th Jul 2016 01:06
Paul, any comment on the GetImage issue I mentioned that does not properly the get an image at the virtual resolution?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:15:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:15:20