Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / My Pi3 is on its' way...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 13:43
Should get it somewhere in the next two weeks I assume. Only thing is, I'm a total linux noob. So it'll be a bit of a learning process. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting AppGameKit installed on it, and start doing some projects. Which reminds me, any plans for proper UART, SPI and I2C support in AppGameKit? Would make it a lot easier to communicate with Arduinos, various ICs and ready made modules for the Pi.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 18:01
I am also a Linux Noob, but if you use the NOOBs distro, you jump straight into a visual GUI very like Windows, and the rest is a breeze.
The deadline for my project is December so it is on the backburner for now. But I already had immense pleasure getting a couple of buttons and LEDs working. Prepare to lose hours of your life!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2016 21:20
Quote: "My Pi3 is on its' way"
Woohoo! Congrats! I need to buy another one for my arcade machine project, as my current Pi3 has become a full-time media player!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 03:35 Edited at: 7th Jul 2016 03:36
Quote: "Woohoo! Congrats! I need to buy another one for my arcade machine project, as my current Pi3 has become a full-time media player! "

Ah, yes, there is the trap. I already got ideas for a little media player pi hooked up to my projector. Would be a bit more efficient than the full-blown (gaming retired) tower doing it now. So yes, I foresee a few Pi's landing my way, but starting with the one to test the waters so to speak
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2016 23:35
Arrived at last. Now I assume a few hours to pass by getting it up and running to my liking. Once that is done, I'll scratch my head a little and then get AppGameKit talking to Arduino so that I can take advantage of the Arduinos UART, I2C and SPI functionality.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2016 21:36
I just finally got my hands on a Pi Zero and wanted to turn it into some sort of media player for my car.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:24:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:24:51