Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro - Can't create .EXE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 10:39
Hello Everyone,
Just installed DBPro from the archive.. having followed instructions to set up compiler etc.
Although the "Hello World" program compiles and runs, my very much bigger game (which was working before on Win7) does not create a .exe in this DBPro on win 10.

Does the compile message here have any relevance to the failure to write the .exe?

Created temporary file C:\Users\HOWARD GREEN\AppData\Local\Temp\dbp4EFA.tmp
Writing project file C:\Users\HOWARD GREEN\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp.dbpro
Compiling D:\My Files\THE GAME CREATORS\DBPRO FILES\Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Install\Projects\V2.06\INSPECTOR KLOOLUS.exe (current directory is C:\Users\HOWARD GREEN\AppData\Local\Temp\)
Cleaning up
Compilation Failed (No exe created)
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 18:31
Try moving your project into the same folder the Hello World project is in.
Artformer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 21:56
Thanks for the suggestion.. same result- no .exe created. My suspicion is its a Win10 related issue... some aspects of DBPro don't work on Win10 anymore, like ChangeMouse, for one.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2016 01:52
I would suspect it's more to do with the Github version then Windows 10. But then again the Change Mouse function has always been a little flaky.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2016 12:39 Edited at: 19th Jul 2016 12:40
Is it possible that your DBPro installed to where your system drive is?

Also, did you gave Administrator permission to the previous .exe? If you did then DBPro cannot create new .exe with same name in the same project folder.
So youl'll need to revike the permission to the .exe
Artformer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 02:07
Thank You Hakim, though I'm not sure I understand your phrase "did you gave Administrator permission to the previous .exe?" Why should doing that stop a new .exe from being made?
Don't get that.
Artformer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 02:08
Is it possible that your DBPro installed to where your system drive is?

This is unclear to me. Where should DBPro be installed? I have seen no instructions on this.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 08:11
Depending on UAC and user settings, the programs / programs x86 folders may not allow the compiler to create files in these directories.

I install to c:\dev\dbp\ personally. It can also be installed to a USB stick if you want to go portable with it.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2016 02:00 Edited at: 21st Jul 2016 02:03
Artformer, it looks like none of us has payed any attention to the log you posted. I can see the directory your install to is - D:\My Files\THE GAME CREATORS\DBPRO FILES\Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Install. I believe the problem is the lack of a registry entry and no FullPath entry in Launch.CFG. Replace the Launch.CFG file in the install directory with this -

Launch.CFG

Also add a temp folder in the Install directory. Now copy and paste this into notepad and save it as Dark Basic.reg.

Dark Basic.reg

After saving the file just click on the file to add DBPro to your registry. This is based on the install directory listed in your post. Hopefully this will work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 11:16:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 11:16:03