Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How do I set up FPSC Classic Segment Editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2016 23:56 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2016 00:39
Hello all. I'm happy to have found FPSC Classic. The scripting possibilities are amazing. I've run the update. I've yet to install BlackIce.

I'd like to design my own content. I'm getting the error "runtime error 8003 could not find path 2288" when I run FPSC-Segments.exe. I'm guessing I need to edit userdetails.ini. I've tried pointing to different folders to no avail.

Also, there is a place in userdetails.ini for a serial. The download I got from here doesn't include it.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I should be noob slapped. I just placed the 2 .exe in the FPSC folder.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2016 14:47
Hi androidlove and welcome.
Yes, FPS Classic is a lot of fun and very easy to use. Making your own content can be
very satisfying and adds a custom touch to your projects. Also, a Master Serial
is available at top of page here.....https://github.com/LeeBamberTGC/FPS-Creator-Classic

Also, the run-time errors & could not find path usually mean something is missing in your installation.
As far as I know the "Segment Editor" is a stand-alone program, it doesn't need to be in the FPSC folder?
Look around for a program called " Firma2" very easy to use segment editor and texture changer.
Also makes sign & over lays.
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
androidlove
Years of Service
User Offline
I had to put the 2 Segment Creator exe. files in my FPSC folder. The .ini files were redundant.

I've exported a .x file from Bryce 6. I had to make it huge to show up in Segment Creator. I'm going to have to figure out how to get control of the UV map. When I load the segment into FPSC, I get the runtime error 7003, "mesh does not exist. FPSC then locks up. I've turned off the Virtual Store for all things FSPC related via the Take Ownership registry hack.

Thank you for showing me Firma2. I can't get any texture to embed with any export fro FIrma2, which I have also updated. Everything is grey in FPSC. The textures, mine and stock, do show up on the icons.

I'm running a new install of Win 7 Pro 64. If these issues are related to 32 bit comparability updates, I can't get Win 7 to update beyond SP1 and the 1st cumulative security update. I have found a site that runs through a long procedure that no one else has offered, and there have been many "solutions" offered. That is my next course of action.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 23:17
Androidlove
Quote: "I had to put the 2 Segment Creator exe. files in my FPSC folder"

I don't understand what your doing, FPSC Segment Creator is a separate program from FPS Classic?
FPSC Segment Creator is for making rooms, floors,doors, walls...ect Once made, you can import/copy
them into Classic's folders then with the Editor one can use them to build with.

Yeah, I used to use Bryce along time ago. I don't think it exports in the proper "X" format for
fpsc to be able to use? I figure it's way too many poly's to handle?
androidlove
Years of Service
User Offline
That's how the path issue was resolved. The program wants access to the existing FPSC folders. The .ini files are the same ones in the FPSC folder, but filled out.

I'll install TrueSpace 4 for models. I didn't get this workstation to make video games, so the graphics card is 256 MB. I've had an adventure game building from my nocturnal dreams for years. So, I went looking for an older engine. I was hoping to find something like the N64 engine, or even better, Mike Oldfield's engine. My game is dreamy as well. There's no combat. I might bump up to a 2 gig graphics card for $50 if I get more into this. I don't plan on spending the recommended minimum of $300.
Are you able to test exporting Firma files correctly in 64 bit? I'm having trouble overcoming the Virtual Store on my 32 bit machine running Win 7 Premium. It has a 32/64 bit CPU, but I installed Windows for 32 bit to avoid compatibility issues as long as possible.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2016 14:18
androidlove
Quote: "The .ini files are the same ones in the FPSC folder, but filled out"

That's right, I remember that now. As long as it works
TrueSpace, wow, that's an oldie but goodie. I use mostly Fragmotion & Milkshape.
As long as it exports a proper "X" file format you'll have no problems.

You shouldn't have any problems running win7-64bit or win10. I haven't
heard of any problems as long as one installs DirectX 9c. DX10&11 are missing
a few needed files. Also, there are two needed .dll files (msvcp71 & msvcr71.dll)
They are now included in the "tools" folder with BlackIce mod.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2016 21:32
Quote: "TrueSpace, wow, that's an oldie but goodie. I use mostly Fragmotion & Milkshape.
As long as it exports a proper "X" file format you'll have no problems."

I use truespace for all of my static models. Then run them through entity workshop 2. All animations are done in fragmotion. When in truespace remember that the models will be HUGE in scale. A character is 72 meters high.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:48:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:48:41