Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How do I import OBJ with color?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2016 22:02 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2016 02:48
I created a six-sided die in Blender and added texture to make the body white and the dots black. I have unwrapped the object, exported the layout, colored the layout in Gimp, and reimported the layout in the UV mapping window. Everything lines up and I can see the white and black colorations in render view, material view, and solid view. When I change to texture view, I can see the white but the black looks faded, so I'm not sure this is correct.

When I use LoadObject(1, "MyDieObject.obj") in AppGameKit, the object loads but it is just plain white/grey.... the dots do not show as black and the body does not show as white.

I have tried everything I know how to do and even a few YouTube videos but haven't been able to get the die to import to AppGameKit in anything other than the default grey color.

Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated!!
itsanewme80
Years of Service
User Offline
Grrr... I edited two words in my post and the whole thing disappeared.

Here we go again....I've created a six-sided die in Blender with texture to make the body white and the dots black. When I export it as OBJ and import it to AppGameKit, it appears as the default grey/white color. I have unwrapped the object, colored the texture in Gimp, UV mapped, etc. I can see the white/black coloring when I change the viewport to Render, Material, and Solid mode, although it does not show when I select Texture mode. Hmmmm.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? Where does AppGameKit look to find color/texture information for OBJ files? ... or is my Blender object not built correctly?

Any help would be appreciated.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
U need to texture it using commad. Load image and setobjimage something like that. Look at help file
itsanewme80
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, hoyoyo80, that doesn't really help. Could you explain how to use SetObjectImage in this case? I have looked at the documentation built in to AppGameKit as well as the downloadable beginner's guide, but neither really addresses the issue I'm having.

Hoping someone can help......
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2016 13:32
You would load the object texture as an image, then apply this to the object, so the object is textured with the dice sides.

DiceImg=LoadImage("dice.png")
DiceObj=LoadObject("dice.obj")
SetObjectImage(DiceObj,DiceImg,0)

Something like that, don't have AppGameKit close by right now.
The code is dark and full of errors
itsanewme80
Years of Service
User Offline
Van B - It worked perfectly!!! A thousand thanks!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:01:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:01:15