Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Directional videotexture audio?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2016 19:43
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if there was any way to make the audio of a video texture directional. I have a TV set that, when switched on, plays a music video, but I would like the sound from it to come from the TV, and not play throughout the entire level at full volume. Is there a way to do this?
Kafoolwho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 04:50
Ok, I have found a slight sort of workaround. I extracted the audio from the video, made a mono audio file out of it, and in the main script of the TV screen I activate the video texture and audio file simultaneously. I then use etimer to stop both the video and audio at the end of the song.
It works OK, but the video and audio is not always in sync. I suppose this is the only way to get it done, though...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 11:17
Hi Kafoolwho
If your using the "videotexture" overlay command is should play the video and audio simultaneously if it has it.
I also use the "plrdistwithin" command to start & stop the video.
What video format are you using? .avi's seem to work best.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Kafoolwho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 22:52
Hi ncmako. I've used various avi formats, compressed and uncompressed for testing purposes, as well as wmv. I originally had the sound play via the video texture, but as I said, it has no directionality. I want the video to continue playing if the player leaves the room, but the sound should still come from the direction of the TV, and the method I used by trying to sync a 3D sound with the video works. Kinda.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:21:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:21:16