Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can I change the vweap sounds? (They are not the same as the hud sounds.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 8th Sep 2016 15:44
Any idea where I can find the vweap sounds? I have looked in almost every map, and I cant find them. (All vweap stock sounds, sounds like the guns are using suppressor or something.)
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 04:11
I think the vweap original fire sounds sucks! any way to remove them? I want to use My own sounds, with scripting in the shoot.fpi and shootclose.fpi. But the new fire sound mix with the original sound...
Please anyone Who can help Me?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 12:36
Hi Mr Love
Look in folders "gamecore\guns\NAME OF YOUR GUN" When you find the folder with vweap gun your using
inside are several .wav files (fire,reload,cock,putaway...ect) just replace the one you want and give it the SAME name.
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 18:30
Trust Me that was the first thing I tried. but the fire.wav in this folder is only for the hud gun. I removed all sounds from this folder and the vweap still have a really bad fireing sound...
It seams like the vweap sounds are hardcoded. (Not supposed to be changed)

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 21:32 Edited at: 10th Sep 2016 23:49
Mr Love
Quote: "It seams like the vweap sounds are hardcoded"

That is really weird. I just did a quick test and I can tell you with both a stock vweap weapon & a custom one
on a character the sounds played as should be. I figured my custom vweap on a character would be the one
not to play correctly ( as I never tried it that way ) but it worked perfectly
Just a hunch, look over the weapon spec file. Make sure the "gun sounds" (sound1,sound2..ect)
match up with the animation frames (sframe0, sframe1,sframe2..ect)

Also, look at the "fire" animation frames listed ( fire = 54,60 ) If it's only one or two frames long ( fire = 54,55)
then there's not enough time (frames) to play the whole sound file, you'll just hear a click.

edit: I just realized, that last idea is wrong. It only effects the player weapon hud
I looked over the gunspec syntax list and I came across "fireloop=x"
Description: This defines how quickly the fire sound is looped. Lower values
make the sound loop quicker. See if yours is set to a very low number. most of mine
are around 1000-2000, some are 5000.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:37:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:37:39