Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [BUG] 2.0.21 Export Android APK crash Windows.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
If the attached file is included anywhere in the media folder , AppGameKit will crash when trying the export to Android APK.

You need to unzip it and place it anywhere in a (random) project media folder , and AppGameKit crash when exporting.

Windows only , works on mac with no problems.

Wierd ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AreCustomize
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 15:30
Hi!

Works just how it should for me. So the .apk exported normally

-AreCustomize
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 16:03
Same here - tried it in the root of /media as well as a sub-folder. Export to .apk for both Google and Amazon - no crash. Windows 10, running on a Macbook Air via Bootcamp.
AreCustomize
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 21:02
Hi again!

Export seems to have problems if you have installed new version 2.0.21 on top of the previous installation.
Try to do a fresh install of AppGameKit to a new folder or after uninstalling the previous one entirely from the current location.

Hope that helps!
-AreCustomize
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 10:41
Whenever I install a new version, I create a new folder for it. So I have something like:
/agk/v2019
/agk/v2020
/agk/v2021

Makes it very wasy to roll back to older versions if I need to, and avoids conflicts.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Tried reinstall with same result, this is very wierd , but it works when i delete this file ??????

if you look at screenshot 1 , it leaves build_tmp and the "testfps.zip" witch is the APK file just not renamed yet , the zip AppGameKit generate dont work it has errors, so im not sure what goes wrong ?

Im not the only one that have this problem , it was reported to me , deleting this file did not fix the crashing for the other person, so it must be something else ?

I noticed the file "map.obs" has a wierd timestamp , perhaps thats the reason ? , when i edit the file and save it again AppGameKit dont crash ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Attachments

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 21:22
It's possible the unusual timestamp tripped up the zip library when it's adding the media files to the zip file, but I would expect that to happen for everyone that's tried the file, unless it is only happening after a certain number of files, or bytes, have been added to the zip file. I don't know the zip library well enough to know for sure.
Itchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

In my case the unziping of the fpm wasn't writing the timestamp to any file (as attached) as mentioned by Preben. Opening each file missing the timestamp in Notepad ++ then saving fixed the issue and let me compile an .apk. I didn't notice the timestamp missing as normally list files to show file name only. I'm now guessing something is up with my unzip program or need to find the .ini to change writing of the timestamp on unzip? either way seems isolated to just a few setups like mine.

Should add that broadcasting the app worked fine, just building the apk crashed

Thanks to Preben for his assistance and Paul for input

Cheers

Attachments

Itchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

In my case the unziping of the fpm wasn't writing the timestamp to any file (as attached) as mentioned by Preben. Opening each file missing the timestamp in Notepad ++ then saving fixed the issue and let me compile an .apk. I didn't notice the timestamp missing as normally list files to show file name only. I'm now guessing something is up with my unzip program or need to find the .ini to change writing of the timestamp on unzip? either way seems isolated to just a few setups like mine.

Should add that broadcasting the app worked fine, just building the apk crashed

Thanks to Preben for his assistance and Paul for input

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:52:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:52:41