Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DarkLights Rendering Object Type

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys,

Does anyone knows what kind of objects does Dark Lights support and how complex must be or must not be the objects?

I saw that Dark Lights has huge problem with complex objects such as the objects that contains spheres and a lot of polygons.

What are your ideas suggestions and thoughts?

You will be in much help for my project! (Sincerely, this is the only problem that annoys me in the project and I am concerned).

Thank You!
Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 20:16
Dark Lights use heavy algorithm for creating UV for object.It cannot be saved so it it rebuilding each time you bake lightmap.Also lightmapping is primitive native DBPro raycasting, which is very slow.
Little alternative is - http://www.evolved-software.com/code/LightMapper.zip from Evolved. It also unwrap UV each time
but maybe you modified code to use UV which object already consits.
MateiSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Kuper,

I know that if you have saved the objects as .dbo format, the lightmaps are saved in the files.

Another thing, did you experienced problems with object recalculation in DL after applying CSG Difference?

Thank You!
www.alexmatei.com
MateiSoft Romania
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried the lightmapper but i have problems with gettings the other .dba file in the project. I imported it but still gives the error that the lightmapper dba does not exist...lol
Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
MateiSoft Romania
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so i have managed to get it work.

I tried evolved's lightmapper and it is very good indeed!

However, on object csg difference, it gives me this. (Please see attachement)

I think really that this is a bug or something or evolved didn't took in consideration the csg abilities of DBPro.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you very much!
Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 12:01
You use CSG in dbpro? I never use it but i think that if you save CSG object and then load it again lightmapping will be ok.
codefinger
Years of Service
User Offline
If what Kuper suggests doesn't work. Type “compile csg” in the editor and press F1.
MateiSoft Romania
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,

I tried saving and reloading the object before asking on the forums and from that, that I saw its not possible even with that solution, it made me desperate. )

I will try the compile CSG of course!

Big thanks for both for the suggestions. Please if you have any other ideas don't hesitate to post them. I will come back with the feedback if the command compile csg worked or not.

Thank you again!
Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
MateiSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
The compile csg outputs a .x file. My objects when are imported as .x they automatically convert to .dbo. Is this available also for dbos?
www.alexmatei.com
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2016 17:22
Compile CSG was removed a long time ago. You can save an object as an x file by converting it to a mesh and saving the mesh. You may want to try creating a mesh from the object then creating an object from the mesh.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:51:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:51:02