Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Entity not showing correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 10:36
Hi guys !

I created a model in Blender with animations and exported it in .x format. I then used frag-motion to append my animations into one single animation. After this process I used Entity maker to create the entity and copied the files to Entities. I also created an fpi for the entity and placed it in the script folder.
My problems starts when I start the test level. My character is totally distorted. My game is also lagging when I start the game. Please help...i'm running out of patience and might just kick the PC.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 14:01
Roelof1978
Quote: "i'm running out of patience and might just kick the PC"

No..don't do that. Lol First, is this model a character or some kind of entity?
It looks like a character. Blender is tricky getting the correct export settings just right.
Did you export the FINAL model from Fragmotion? (it's straight forward and simple)
Also, did you assign the vertices to the bones in Blender or Fragmotion?
Quote: "My game is also lagging when I start the game"

Do you mean a "test" run or a Final build?
What version of fpsc are you using? Any mods?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Roelof1978
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 12:19
Hi ncmako !

Thanks again for replying. Sorry I'm replying only now ,but I had to distance myself from the PC for a while . I created the character in Blender and decreased the Vertices to +/- 2500. I then used Rigify to add a skeleton to my character. After this I parented the mesh to the skeleton. For my animations I used bvh and created three different animations in one (idle,walk and attack). I exported the character in.x format with all selections active . I loaded the character in fragmotion to check if everything is ok. All animations responded well to the mesh and the skeleton. I then loaded the character in Entity maker and created the character. When I start the test level not exported game it distorts my character. I'm kinda new to FPSC so excuse me if i'm making a stupid mistake.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 15:29
Roelof1978
Ok, you made it in Blender and "checked" it in Fragmotion, but did you "export" from Fragmotion also?
Also, not sure which "entity maker" you used, but most are for just making "static" entities.
Your best best to to use an .fpe from an existing stock character (copy to a new folder & rename)
If you study the file you'll see only a few line changes are needed (that's in the .fpe)
If you still have problems, post your .x & textures files and I'll try and fix it.
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:52:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:52:09