Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Need some scripting help please!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 00:48
As I said, I want to activate Lucy to follow Me, but there must be something wrong with My scripts. Can You see whats wrong with it???

Trigger:

:state=0,activated=1:state=1
:state=1,plrwithinzone=1:activateifused=1,state=2
:state=2,plrwithinzone=0:loopsound=audiobank\ecg\alarm.ogg,state=3
:state=3,plrwithinzone=0:activateifused=4
:state=4,plrwithinzone=0:activateifused=2,state=0

Waypoint script:

:waypointstate=0:state=1,animate=2,waypointstart
:waypointstate=3:animate=2,waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:animate=2,waypointrandom
:waypointstate=5:animate=2,waypointreverse

:state=0:state=1
:state=1,plrdistwithin=100:waypointstop,animate=4,rotatetoplr,etimerstart,state=2
:state=2:fpgcrawtextsize=32,fpgcrawtextfont=Arial,fpgcrawtextr=255,fpgcrawtextg=255,fpgcrawtextb=255,fpgcrawtextx=50,fpgcrawtexty=80
:state=2:fpgcrawtext=Hi Walter! Weisman is expecting You...
:state=2,etimergreater=5000:fpgcrawtextoff,state=3
:state=3,plrdistfurther=100:waypointstate=0,state=1,animate=2,waypointstart
:state=4,activated=2:waypointstop,followplr
:state=4:fpgcrawtextsize=32,fpgcrawtextfont=Arial,fpgcrawtextr=255,fpgcrawtextg=255,fpgcrawtextb=255,fpgcrawtextx=50,fpgcrawtexty=80
:state=4:fpgcrawtext=Cardiac arrest! We need adrenalin fast...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 15:41
Mr Love
Is this two scripts or one whole script? Is the top part looks like it's for a "trigger"?
The bottom half appears to be a separate script?
If it is one whole script, you can not have the same "states" twice like this. ( states=0 thru =4)
It's trying to do two things at once. What are you trying to do here?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 18:02 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2016 23:34
Yes. It is two separate scripts. One for the triggerzone, and one walkscript for Lucy. Im trying to make Lucy alarming the player, and then follow the player...

All I want to do is:

Here is what Im gonna do:

1. Enter the hospital and say hello to Lucy who stop her pathwalking to say hello back, after that Lucy continues Her pathwalking!
This is fixed.

2. Talk to Weisman and when He has talked activate triggerzone 1 and 2 when leave the room, and the ECG alarm starts!
This is fixed

3.When alarm is on, Lucy stops her pathwalking and starts following player. She is screaming Cardiac arrest (Heartstop), a timer shows on the screen counting down for about 20 seconds (The time the patient has to live if no adrenalin injection)

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 18:21
Mr Love
After looking at the script I noticed there is now way of going to "state=4" After "state=3" it goes back to "state=1'
So try this and see if it works. if "activated=2" is triggered by the "alarm sound" get rid of the first "state=4"

See if that works for you? Alarm triggers (activated=2) and Lucy should stop and follow player?
Now, how long do you want the text to appear on screen? There is another approach if this doesn't work.

As for the 20 sec timer, I'll post that in the script forum in the thread you have started
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 04:07
Nope it didnt work.. The the text "Cardiac arrest!" shows up on the screen, so far ok, but Lucy play the walk-animation but are standing still...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:22:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:22:20