Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / opens then closes quick(.exe)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hy. I'm having a lot of trouble with Dark Basic Pro. The problem is that when I compile and run or go to my project directory and just click on the exe what happens is that the program opens quick then closes just like that. I have been solving problems compiling for an hour and a half and this is the last problem standing (at least I suspect). Before it kept mentioning about brackets on line 38 even when there was NO LINE 38. I could really use some help because I really want to start programming.

Source code copied and pasted:

print "hello world"
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 19:21
If the program is just that one line, you have nothing keeping the program open after it prints.

Try this:

Print "hello world"
Wait key

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:27:19