Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Enhancements DLL Compiled Ok But Exiting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PC and Android Games
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 13:07 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 13:40
I have moved on and figured out that I can't get Enhancements FREE dll to work with Block file functions and successfully compiled the Enhancements DLL located in the Official Plugins directory (Github)

Dark-Basic-Pro-Initial-Files\Dark Basic Public Shared\Official Plugins\Enhancement Pack\Code

There are 2 solutions, I used the Enhancements.sln and not the EnhancementsFREE.sln since I was having problems running commands on this version (incomplete).

My problem is I have already built it on both VS2008 and VS2010 which compiled ok (Enhancements.DLL) but whenever I'm trying to use it one on of the examples, it is always exiting.

Are there steps that I have missed? Maybe someone can just share a built DLL since this is already free and opensource?

I'm attaching both VS2008 and VS2010 versions of the DLL for reference. Fully compiled with the DirectX 2006 SDK and EAX Libs

Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 15:38 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 15:40
Looking at the enhancements source given to us on Github. I can't see a reason the function Load Object From Block should work. This snippet works and is basically how the function is intended to work.

punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 15:45
Ok thanks WickedX, I will try this one!

Btw, would you mind checking my DLL if it is a valid one and works ok?
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 15:49 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 15:52
Getting ready for work, now. I will check the DLL and post results latter. If you can upload the 2008 Enhancements project, I can probably get Load Object From Block working.

Edit: Last night I tried to get it to compile and ran into 1 snag after the other.
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 16:37
Ok I see. I also had that experience but I managed to fix all the errors but it took me almost a day. I have read somewhere that it needs the DirectX SDK Oct 2006 so it will build properly.

Steps for this build:
1) Downloaded zlib128.zip as the one that is provided has a missing mak file. I gave up fixing this so I got the latest one and maybe this could be the issue. Building the latest is straightforward under vstudio/vc9. Renamed zlibstat.lib to zlib.lib.
2) Converted all solutions to VS2008, zlib.lib and ZipArchive.lib already in place and included. This might need to update the DXSDK directory since I have hardcoded it in my setup "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (October 2006)\...", just disregard if you have the same path.
3) Entered and updated the VC include file paths and libs because as it's not setup on the default solution. (DXSDK, EAX, ZLIB)

Attached is the 'Code' folder which is inside the Enhancement Pack directory

Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 17:28
Thanks for the code, still unable to compile. Using Visual Studio 2008 Express and don't have the proper MFC version.

The DLL is valid. But, no better off then EnhancementsFREE.

punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 18:02
Ok thanks WickedX. Woah, so the full Enhancement DLL was not opensource after all. This is still the free version?

Yes I did notice that it is not possible to fully test the accompanying demos with all these errors not knowing it's still the free version, it's kinda sad.

Maybe the mods could give more info why it's not the full version even though it's already opensourced.

WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 18:14 Edited at: 28th Oct 2016 18:16
Search for Enhancements and read some of the threads. By the looks of it, the problem functions haven't worked for a while.
punkyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 22:17
Ah ok thanks. I did read somewhere that the older versions were much better but I have to find out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 22:39:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 22:39:06