Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help. Sugestion for making FPS/TPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I was working on FPS years ago and now I'm starting a new FPS/TPS.

I've some question about how is it done. I usually use a floating arm with gun in front of camera and an invisible cube as collision in my FPS projects.
I've done few mods for old games that for example: when you are driving a vehicle in first person view, it only use the high detailed interior with some of visible exterior part model, and for a third person view it use the entire high detailed model with low detailed interior model.

Working on for a player model I moved camera inside of the head thinking of backface culling effect but some of objects like eyeball or teeth was be visible from inside and looks weird with those things floating in the middle of screen (I hide it but when I use with a reflection shader it was scary shit without eyes and teeth). Another option I thought that may would work was using a floating gun for FPS and using a full model for TPS but again looking at water with reflection I only saw a floating gun in FPS mode (ofcourse).

Any sugestion will be apreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 18:13
Can you keep them hidden until just before the reflection render pass, then hide them again immediately after?

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:39:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:39:25