Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 12th Nov 2016 20:57
What do we think?

- Create a new project
- compile it first to get media folder
- Copy the tiles.png into the media folder
- Run it

Goal - Try and get all the tiles in all the right positions of been straight vertically and horizontally by mouse movement to win level.

Simple but could be affective/addictive, be nice to gather some thoughts off you game guys if worth doing something like this

Then I can develop more, but principle of the idea is just the goal

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS

Attachments

Login to view attachments
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2016 00:08
At first I didn't like this, too may tiles all spinning randomly which made me think "is it even possible to get them all to line up?" So I persevered and yes I could get them all lined up. It was fairly easy in the end. All I did was scan across the top row until they lined up and then scanned down to get the rest to line up but there was a slightly annoying steady hand aspect to it.

The way you have it set up as long as the mouse position is at 360,360 - or multiples of - then all the tiles line up.

However, I think there's something here, it kinda reminds me of this game: starlight. I had a played about and created a version where the position the mouse needs to be is randomised.

I think rather then having tile that need to be line you had a single picture that is revealed - flowers, kittens, trees that sort of thing - then this might actually work. You could have a easier stage where there are fewer tiles.

One thing you'd need to do is the make sure the pointer always has to be on the image - you're original 360,360 was actually off the picture which didn't feel right.
Hover Car Race Challenge! - available now on Google Play
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 13th Nov 2016 00:35
Thank you 29 games.

I do tend to work backwards - so this been say the last level, and starting off with having smaller tiles 2x2, 4x4, 5x5 6x6 7x7 etc etc through out the levels.

and having different tiles for each sub levels.

1-5 - Blue Gems - 2x2- Simpler
6-10 - Green Gems 3x3 Simpler
11-15 - Gold Gems 4x4 - So so simpler
16-20 - Blue Stars 5x5 - So so simple
21-25 - Clocks -- Where as a mark for 12th hour - and all got to meet at the 12th hour
80-100 Gold Stars - 10x10 - Absolutely rock hard

etc
etc

Maybe parts on later levels could be split, so that say a 4 x 4 grid

x x y y

x x y y

z z w w

z z w w

eg, this has 4 quantrants, so for example - if the mouse is in the 1st quadrant they rotate the first quadrant X gems and lock the others
from roation

and ideas just come along all the time

Damo
Started coding with AMOS
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 14th Nov 2016 19:46
Here is a different style of development

WIP - but the idea now is:-

1 The outer blue neon tubes is where the game play units come in (a bit like Zuma)

2 They will enter bottom left into the tube and travel round and up and exit at the top Left to enter the play area.

3 They all have a nice slow rotation for a nice effect

4 Clicking on game icon will send it back into the tube (top right)

5 Selecting the same icons in a row (say 3 up/down/left or right) - will take away the gems altogether adding to the score.

6 Aim is to remove all the gems from the play area.

7 Loose life, if there are gems still in play but not enough to remove them totally (5 and 6)

Its major WIP but getting quite fond of working on this

Damo
Started coding with AMOS

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:08:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:08:02