Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 26th Nov 2016 23:11
Hello

I really would like to get into C for that little bit extra... to expand AppGameKit a bit.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/community/

Do you guys think this will do the trick in all my C essentials of game programming with AppGameKit these days?

Damo
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS
Anything is possible if put mind to it
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2016 09:59
This is what most people use.
Bear in mind it os C++, not C, when looking for tutorials. They are 2 different animals
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 27th Nov 2016 11:03
Thanks - I shall look at installing C++ modules when I download and install this package

Cheers
Started coding with AMOS
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 21:18 Edited at: 4th Dec 2016 21:24
Hello folks,

I have downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2015 community edition

Working on a little something for Methon here coding some C++ work,

I am getting errors on building it, something to do with cannot find AGK.H and Doesn't recognise the NameSpace AppGameKit - probably gotta do some library preferences tweaking.

If anyone could do a step by step for DUMMY guide on how to get my first AppGameKit app running on C++ , including any configuration changes that I need to do in Visual Studio 2015 before
it can work.

Any help would be good
Started coding with AMOS

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 22:31
I'm more a C# than C++ guy, but usually if it can't find a 'using' namespace, you need to add a library reference. Right click on References on the right side -> add reference -> point it to the AppGameKit include stuff.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 14:51
Have you added the AppGameKit files to the solution? - I think you have to do that directly, as there's no fixed location for those files, like you could have the TGC version or the Steam version, so the location of the libraries might be different depending on what and where you have AppGameKit installed.

Personally I like C++, I don't mind Visual Studio, and together they make a fairly nice and clean game development environment... but damn I miss being able to deploy straight to a tablet, that makes such a big difference - it's really the main thing stopping me from migrating to tier 2 for my own projects.
The code is dark and full of errors
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 14:59
Cheers, ill try these little tweaks, ive had headache for days with it

Think I have done one bit right, and another bombs out with tuns of compile errors, fix those with navigating to other library and booooomb another list of compilation errors.

Might as well stick with Tier 1 - I can do this with my eyes closed

Damo
Started coding with AMOS
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 16:05
Actually, I believe there is a video by Lee Bamber, showing how to setup VS for Tier 2 - will see if I can find it.
The code is dark and full of errors
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 16:13
Fantastic - I love Lee's very intuitive videos
Started coding with AMOS
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 22:07
Got my first APP working on C++ - Yippeee

Now I can take a look at small projects in Tier 2 - including helping our good fellow @Methon out - a post recently put on here

I just didn't do what was expected and that I was good to move projects out of the

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Tier 2\apps

and this is not the case, keep the Visual Studio projects inside here and works magic

Brain Fart to say the least

Damo
Started coding with AMOS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:36:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:36:56