Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2016 07:37 Edited at: 12th Dec 2016 07:47
Here's my latest game. Slot Skilz, a multi themed slot game with skill based bonus games, bubble pop, math 3 & a few more!!

It's integrated with PARSE backend for user accounts and live leaderboards. It's available on iOS and Google Play, just waiting for the iOS approval.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpniFRza1Uo&feature=youtu.be

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fatleg.slotskilz
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2016 14:46
Nice graphics here and presentation. Well done.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2016 16:43
Agreed. Very slick. What did you use to make the promo vid?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2016 16:49
Yes looks very good. Promo vid is impressive.
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2016 09:19
Very nice presentation. Good job !
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great looking app. Which Tier did you use? And how do you integrate Parse into your app?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Using AGK2 Tier 1
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2016 13:12
Thanks for all the compliments.

This was made with Tier 1, and PARSE was a little tricky to incorporate, mainly because of the limitations of the HTTP commands. Some functionality had to go via PHP on my web server.

As for the promo vid, I used Shakr, costs around $50 for a video.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, thanks. About Shakr and the info about the integration. I think as long as an external service provides a way to interface via HTTP, AGK2 Tier1 is capable of doing these things.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2016 14:50
Quote: "I think as long as an external service provides a way to interface via HTTP, AGK2 Tier1 is capable of doing these things."

AGK HTTP only allows you to do GET & POST commands. You need to be able to do more, specifically PUT commands, to integrate with PARSE backend via their REST API.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
JohnnyMeek wrote: "AGK HTTP only allows you to do GET & POST commands. You need to be able to do more, specifically PUT commands, to integrate with PARSE backend via their REST API."

So you do GET/POST calls to your website and that does the calls to Parse. After that it reports back to your app?
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2016 10:11
Quote: "So you do GET/POST calls to your website and that does the calls to Parse. After that it reports back to your app?"

Yes.

BTW. I've had this app rejected by Apple. Because I'm using facebook to authenticate the user, they say that I have to also add more facebook functionality. ( I'm assuming gifting, invites etc) Seems strange, as its a much better user experience to to log in with one click.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2016 16:25
Apple are very fickle when it comes to authorising apps. You could send them a message explaining why you are using Facebook this way and challenge their decision. They will review it then and may authorise it.
I did it for one of my apps that they rejected 3 times even though I did all the tweaks they kept asking for and they put it up.

At the end of the day you are paying them for a service to put your apps on their site, so it's all to do with customer service

Sometimes it also depends who reviews your app, you might get one person allowing it and another not as they have again done to me in the past for 2 different apps which did a similar thing.

Worth a try!
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 13:44
So I appealed but was still rejected.

I now have to add another way to add a user account, in addition to Facebook. Simple enough as I have all this in PARSE, but annoying as I redesigned the user interface to purposely not include this. Alternatively I could go ahead and add the gifting system as I wanted to do that anyway.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 07:07
So I finally got this approved for iOS. I had to add Facebook gifting to allow me to only use facebook as an authorisation method. Was worth the extra effort in the end as it's a cool feature.

Also this was a record turnaround from submission to approved status, it took around 12 hours.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slot-skilz/id1090896827?ls=1&mt=8

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:37:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:37:45