Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / In App Purchasing in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know of any way to implement IAP in Dark Basic Pro? Would it be better to use external DLLs or is it just not possible in the Dark Basic Pro Engine?
Self Destruction Computer Entertainment
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2016 22:58
In-App Purchases can be implemented into your DBPRO apps; whilst there is no straight forward procedure or official store front development kit or plugin that I can think of, the basis of such a system is placed on transactions which would be processed over internet with a web service such as Steam or Google Play or your very own e-commerce server.

Such an interconnection between your DBPRO app and a store front server is made possible with HTTP or similar functionality or DLLs, there may even be some projects about the subject archived in the forum search.

Not for the faint hearted, DBPRO is not the recommended tool for the job, but it is possible. You may also consider making use of Steam to create a Steam Workshop for your game which can behave like an in-app purchasing system; the challenge is getting onto steam, and implementing the steam API in DBPRO for which there have been solutions revealed in earlier forum threads.

Diablo 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply. This is all very useful information, so thanks again! I know IAP is possible with the App Game Kit, and with other tools such as Unity, but I'm willing to give it a go in DBPro! haha
Self Destruction Computer Entertainment
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:39
Unity and App Game Kit are pretty darn good development tools; what's your reason for giving DBPro a go?

For me, its a bit of an interesting challenge and a long term commitment, but I would assume Unity has a vast amount of functionality unavailable to DBPro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:00:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:00:19