Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 09:54
Hi! Im looking how to make better 3d sound with DbPro
There is 2 plugins which works with 3d positioned sounds.Have problems with all of them.
Can't use EAX(Environmental Audio Effects) sound effects at all
1) Enchacement pack: EAX commands are totally broken.Have anyone use it succesfully?For me it just crash down with "Invalid String Variable" message.
2) Dark AL plugin also have EAX , but also crushes down without any message or wit "Failed to load DLL" ( also with original 7.6 compiler )
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 18:32 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 18:34
Quote: "Hi! Im looking how to make better 3d sound with DbPro"

Quote: "Can't use EAX(Environmental Audio Effects) sound effects at all "

EAX crashes on certain systems. Since of 2010, Environmental Audio Extensions has been rarely used, with modern games utilizing the CPU to process 3D audio.

There are some popular game audio DLLs out there such as FMod Studio but Dark Basic does not have any dedicated plugins for special audio effects.

In my project I am starting out with preprocessed audio effects and simple channel mixing. In the future I will be investing some time to develop memblock audio processing with GPU CUDA audio effects. The amount of silicon on an average GPU overtook the amount of silicon on the average CPU some time ago, so having all that processing power available to do more than just shift pixels makes perfect sense. Most gaming PCs have powerful graphics cards, but not always powerful audio cards.

This technique is increasing in popularity.
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 16:23
Thanks
Make library with different envieronmental effects for each sound looks like good idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:12:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:12:54