Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Anyone here still have a copy of the DIY DarkBASIC Pyramid print-out (circa 2000)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 21:16 Edited at: 11th Jan 2017 21:17
Way back in 2000 on the original DarkBASIC website, TGC posted a paper cut-out template of the classic DarkBASIC pyramid that could be folded. I kept one of these on my desk for around 15 years before it got destroyed. Now I have no copy of that image template and no record of it exists anywhere I have searched including archive.org.

Might anyone here still have that image template deep in their old file archives? Would love to see it again and print one out. The original filename was "pyramid cutout.jpg"
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 21:55
You can find the file here, attached to the first post.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent! Thank you so much, I searched the boards but only came across an old thread from 2002 with an invalid link. This is great
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 07:18
xCept! Great to see you around!!! Oh man, I seriously remember the good ol days of playing The Little Eggy That Could; that was back when I was really into programming. I would mod the textures and sounds and what not. I showed it to many friends too, they all loved it. Anyway, /offtopic.
"I do quite enjoy quoting myself, and I do so often. It's very fun." - Myself
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 09:10 Edited at: 12th Jan 2017 09:11
The joy of complex origami

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 11:29
The advantage of easy origami is two-fold.

imagine going to a wedding and farting on the corpse lol - Seditious, 2016
(Formerly known as Benjamin until he lost access to his account)
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 17:25
lol
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 17:47
Awesome, gonna print it tomorrow @ work
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 13:02 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2017 13:03
Quote: "xCept! Great to see you around!!! Oh man, I seriously remember the good ol days of playing The Little Eggy That Could; that was back when I was really into programming. I would mod the textures and sounds and what not. I showed it to many friends too, they all loved it. Anyway, /offtopic."

Cool, thanks! I still don't really understand why or how TLETC became so popular especially given its difficulty (then again look at Flappy Bird, lol). It was a random entry for some small competition (RIP to the organizer), but the raw demo video I posted surged to over 1.5 million views and I still see people reference it every so often. When the video was first growing popular, YouTube wrote and suggested I monetize it but I paid no attention to any of that and was actually oblivious to how many views it was getting until long after the fact. I only posted it I believe for some dinky portfolio demonstration at the time.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 18:08
Quote: "I only posted it I believe for some dinky portfolio demonstration at the time."
Lol wow! Always interesting to hear the fun ironic stories like that.
"I do quite enjoy quoting myself, and I do so often. It's very fun." - Myself

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:43:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:43:29