Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / New to AGK, and this is my first!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I decided to start using AppGameKit this weekend to see what I could do with it (always interested in creative things).

Initially, I created a simple, single pixel scrolling starfield-- and then as I learned the various AppGameKit features, it turned into this: http://www.filmandphoto.ca/game

It seems, I may have completely and unintentionally created my first game-- and it'll likely continue to be updated over the next day or two.

Gotta say though, I'm loving AGK. I've tinkered with several game engines, and this is by far my favorite.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 11:59
Welcome

For a first game, it's very impressive. You've already mastered images, sprites, pointer control, movement, music, text and collisions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 12:37
LOL,

I like your game. Very solid and addictive. Nice music
Nice comments about my scores LOL

Only thing you should change is the initial mouse movement.
If you click the far bottom of the screen to start the game, and move the mouse just a bit after the game has started, the ship blows at the bottom.
Try to vertically center the mouse Y value after the game starts.
PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!

You are right about trying to center the mouse, but I'm having issues with it. I might have to put a "click here" button in the middle or something to make sure it doesn't go wonky. I tried using the SetRaw mouse thing, but it just doesn't want to behave when exported to HTML5.

Psy, the music is pretty cutesy-- it's licensed from Audioblocks (as are the sounds); a recommended site. I'm a video/multimedia producer, so I kinda have this licensed just sitting here in the winter because I only work in the summer, so might as well use it for something fun, lol.

I spent a few hours yesterday learning Spriter Pro, and today I'm going to learn how to use that in AGK-- like swapping out sprites, pieces, controlling bones, etc. Gonna be fun (yes, I know, I have a weird definition of fun, lol)!

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2017 13:35
Quote: "yes, I know, I have a weird definition of fun, lol)"
Not at all! I think you're in good company here! Haha.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 10:50
Thats ridiculously impressive, well done.
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the kind words, Wilf!

Hopefully, I can move forward to, eventually, more impressive games!

Baby steps though!
SteelPrincess
Years of Service
User Offline
I've updated this game a tiny bit; fixed the start screen so the mouse position in HTML5 start is reliable (setting the mouse position by code doesn't work, apparently)-- and I've made the graphics a "little" bit more cutesy from the crude hand drawn ones.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:54:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:54:11